Kat0908
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I need some help I got rejected from Bradford university for diagnostic radiography. I’m so upset however have been given a chance to study a course called clinical techniology. I have no interest in that course and I really am passionate about radiography. What do I do? Could Bradford reconsider my application would that even be possible?
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Have you asked for feedback as to why you were rejected. Was it your grades. Have you taken the right subject. I suspect they would want Physics and /or Maths for that type of course.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
My grades and subjects are fine, I rang in they told me to email the department which ofc will take some time. But I guess I thought I tried my hardest, I wish I was more spoken in the group discussion.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kat0908)
My grades and subjects are fine, I rang in they told me to email the department which ofc will take some time. But I guess I thought I tried my hardest, I wish I was more spoken in the group discussion.
The only way to find out why they rejected you is to ask them but from what your saying maybe they felt you didnt show the ability to be a people person. Do you any other choices.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
I have Leeds Sheffield Hallam, Darby and Salford
I have received interviews from Sheffield and Darby but I’m scared I might screw them up. I really want to get unto Leeds but I’ve been told it’s really tough?
What do you mean by a people’s person?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have Leeds Sheffield Hallam, Darby and Salford
I have received interviews from Sheffield and Darby but I’m scared I might screw them up. I really want to get unto Leeds but I’ve been told it’s really tough?
What do you mean by a people’s person?
When you are in a job like Radiography you are going to be able to relate to people and put them at ease. If you havent come over that way in the group interview then that could well be why you got rejected and looking at your statement "i wish i was more spoken in the group discussion" I just wonder if you didnt project yourself and is that why they rejected you.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
I don’t think I did a lot there were too many people speaking and taking my point that I felt like I wasn’t enough. But then I didn’t think that alone would finalise their decision
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I don’t think I did a lot there were too many people speaking and taking my point that I felt like I wasn’t enough. But then I didn’t think that alone would finalise their decision
Look it might not be the reason so contact the university to find out. However given what you have said it is highly likely that something about the group interview is the reason for rejection otherwise if it was grades, references or personal statement you wouldnt have been asked for interview. For medical type courses they often use group interviews to assess who is most likely to deal with people best and to see whether somebody has the right personality to deal with patients ie people skills. It is further backed up by the course that they are offering you is less of a people job. There isnt anything you can do about it as like in any job if you dont impress at interview you dont get the role but contacting the university for feedback might help you when the interviews at other universities take place. I would try ringing to get feedback rather than wait for an email.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
I did ring them but they said the health team prefer email enquiries
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did ring them but they said the health team prefer email enquiries
When are your interviews with Derby and Sheffield Hallam
Kat0908
Rep:
?
15th jan for Sheffield Darby has to be rescheduled
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
15th jan for Sheffield Darby has to be rescheduled
Hopefully you will get a reply before that as it will help you for your next interview.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
Do you think that they can reconsider my application?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you think that they can reconsider my application?
I very much doubt that.You have had an interview and failed to impress. A university doesnt usually reconsider but you at least might be able to learn for future interviews. You just have to learn to accept that you didnt do well enough at interview and try to improve on your other interviews
Kat0908
Rep:
?
But they did see me as a strong applicant and therefore gave me a place on another course.
Perhaps if they see my passion for this course they might reconsider, but will see the outcomes
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But they did see me as a strong applicant and therefore gave me a place on another course.
Perhaps if they see my passion for this course they might reconsider, but will see the outcomes
It is highly unlikely they will. You just need to learn to accept it. They think you are suited to the other course but not for the one you applied for. If you really want to go there take a gap year and reapply next year but sometimes in life we have to accept we cant get everything we want
Kat0908
Rep:
?
Yeah I get it
Kat0908
Rep:
?
But I’m not gonna give up I’m gonna get on that course but if it’s not Bradford then I might hv hope from others
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But I’m not gonna give up I’m gonna get on that course but if it’s not Bradford then I might hv hope from others
Good luck but I very much doubt you will get into Bradford for the course you want but learning what went wrong might help you with group interviews at other universities.
Kat0908
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
59.94%
No (72)
22.02%
Not sure (59)
18.04%

Watched Threads