The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

does uclan medicial school accept only a small number of applicants in the UK??

Because I read it has 15 places for uk students but i'm unsure if what i've read is correct
I mean for medicine that’s pretty accurate. I’m pretty sure it’s a university mainly catering towards international students. So I’m assuming what you’ve read is correct.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Chowderzzz
I mean for medicine that’s pretty accurate. I’m pretty sure it’s a university mainly catering towards international students. So I’m assuming what you’ve read is correct.

ohh okay. I'm in the uk and one of my choices for medicine was uclan.Will this mean I have a lower chance in getting accepted??
Original post by Anonymous
ohh okay. I'm in the uk and one of my choices for medicine was uclan.Will this mean I have a lower chance in getting accepted??

Considerably. Have you already applied? You really should’ve looked more in depth into this at the time.
Reply 4
Considerably. Have you already applied? You really should’ve looked more in depth into this at the time.

The entry requirements were lower than most it's AAB so i figured this would be a a more safe choice.I didn't realize till now that it's more for international students.I got an interview but is the competition still high do you think?
The entry requirements were lower than most it's AAB so i figured this would be a a more safe choice.I didn't realize till now that it's more for international students.I got an interview but is the competition still high do you think?

Well tbh they wouldn’t have given a lot of interviews so now that you’ve got that I’d say just go for it. Competition once you’ve got the interview will be normal because there’s so few spaces but then they’ve probably not given a lot of home applicants interviews so it balances out. (This is just a logical assumption but may be false)

Congrats on the interview btw and hopefully all goes well.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Well tbh they wouldn’t have given a lot of interviews so now that you’ve got that I’d say just go for it. Competition once you’ve got the interview will be normal because there’s so few spaces but then they’ve probably not given a lot of home applicants interviews so it balances out. (This is just a logical assumption but may be false)

Congrats on the interview btw and hopefully all goes well.

okay thanks you
Reply 7
okay do you know what the figure is now?
okay do you know what the figure is now?

Hello,

This figure is correct, we are currently only able to offer 15 places to UK applicants.

Thanks,
Ryan
Reply 9
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello,

This figure is correct, we are currently only able to offer 15 places to UK applicants.

Thanks,
Ryan

okay thank you
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello,

Thanks,
Ryan

I’m from the UK and i’ve been invited for an interview in medicine does uclan invite everyone who has met the requirements for medicine in the uk for interview or does this mean the interview stage is less competitive as there are less people?
Reply 11
I’m from the UK and i’ve been invited for an interview in medicine does uclan invite everyone who has met the requirements for medicine in the uk for interview or does this mean the interview stage is less competitive as there are less people?

Congrats on getting an interview. Can I ask when did you submit your TSS form?
Reply 12
Anyone here who studies medicine at uclan and willing to share their what weekly schedule looks like? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest