The Student Room Group

How do I revise for GCSE History?

My method of revision is to look at the specification of the exam board of the subject I'm revising for then anything that below Amber (RAG), I read that topic (I don't make notes as they don't really work for me) and then do exam questions on the topic. I'm aiming for a 7 in all subjects using this method however, I'm not sure if this method will work for history? Do you think it will work? What methods do you use? BTW I'm doing History AQA 9-1
Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Honestly what you’re doing is good. But maybe get some CGP textbooks as they really helped me when I was doing GCSE History. They have all the info you need in a concise and clear format. Also practical exam technique (how much time to spend on answers, essay structure, etc) as it can be crucial to a good coherent answer
practice essays are a good thing to do. plan as many essays as you can in times conditions and get your teacher to mark them. also the night before the exam write down all the dates you remember for each time period, I did Edexcel so I would write all the dates and their events in medieval medicine for example. dont do this too early though or the dates wont stick in your head. all the best x
Not seen it here yet, but do have a look at examiner reports. These handy little booklets are literally the examiners explaining what they've seen, and what they want to see more of. They are a golden key of sorts.
Reply 4
Original post by Chowderzzz
Honestly what you’re doing is good. But maybe get some CGP textbooks as they really helped me when I was doing GCSE History. They have all the info you need in a concise and clear format. Also practical exam technique (how much time to spend on answers, essay structure, etc) as it can be crucial to a good coherent answer

I'll try this out. I have a history cgp book but it doesn't involve all the info I need despite being the correct exam board. Not sure if they rushed it or something. It's missing 2 of the major topics.
Reply 5
Original post by PastelColours
practice essays are a good thing to do. plan as many essays as you can in times conditions and get your teacher to mark them. also the night before the exam write down all the dates you remember for each time period, I did Edexcel so I would write all the dates and their events in medieval medicine for example. dont do this too early though or the dates wont stick in your head. all the best x

Thanks for this! I'll try it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending