JoyStay
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m really struggling on chemistry(I’m in year 13) I don’t think the way I revise is helping me at all. Anybody who did or is doing Wjec chemistry a level, could you give me some advice on how to revise effectively like what should I do except going through books and notes? Im not good at applying knowledge so may be that is why I’m struggling badly and also I don’t understand what my teachers teaches I’m mean like it makes me more confused and what are the good resources to study from? Any help would be appreciated
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
username5087992
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This was my method:
Over the Christmas holidays, I read 1 chapter of the WJEC textbook, went to the back of the book and answered the past paper questions. That's it really. Then keep doing the same for the rest of the chapters/topics.
Try to read each chapter thoroughly and use the revision guides below too for extra/missing information and make notes on the textbook. No point in making new notes if you already have everything in your disposal (well that's just my opinion lmao)

Then as you get closer to exams, keep doing past papers. And check mark schemes too.
As there aren't many doing the old spec is also useful.

I also found these revision guides:
unit 3:
http://resource.download.wjec.co.uk....ry_English.pdf

unit 4:
http://resource.download.wjec.co.uk....mistry_Eng.pdf
Last edited by username5087992; 1 year ago
JoyStay
Rep:
Thank you so much! Can you tell me what grade did you get if that’s okay with you?
(Original post by aron6513)
This was my method:
Over the Christmas holidays, I read 1 chapter of the WJEC textbook, went to the back of the book and answered the past paper questions. That's it really. Then keep doing the same for the rest of the chapters/topics.
Try to read each chapter thoroughly and use the revision guides below too for extra/missing information and make notes on the textbook. No point in making new notes if you already have everything in your disposal (well that's just my opinion lmao)

Then as you get closer to exams, keep doing past papers. And check mark schemes too.
As there aren't many doing the old spec is also useful.

I also found these revision guides:
unit 3:
http://resource.download.wjec.co.uk....ry_English.pdf

unit 4:
http://resource.download.wjec.co.uk....mistry_Eng.pdf
username5087992
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SarangYongya)
Thank you so much! Can you tell me what grade did you get if that’s okay with you?
I also sucked at chem, I somehow pulled out an A.

unit 1 - A
unit 2 - C I hate organic with a passion. That soon changed to an A.
unit 3 - A
unit 4 - B

But then I re-sat unit 2 and got an A, I didn't revise for it. As it was basically unit 4 but much easier lol. The only thing I did was skim over the WJEC textbook in the morning of the exam. The only 2 reasons I sat it was because it was free and my chem teacher told me I don't need to revise as all the topics would have been covered anyway in unit 4 and I had nothing to lose as they still kept the higher grade.

Unit 1 and 3 were easier for me as it was more maths oriented and I just kept practicing all the maths. Learn all the flame colours, etc. And everything else is just easier to remember idk why lol. But what the actual heck is organic 😅🤣
Last edited by username5087992; 1 year ago
JoyStay
Rep:
You did so well, thank you so much for sharing your tips. I will try and revise in similar way. What websites did you use to find past papers?

I also sucked at chem, I somehow pulled out an A.

unit 1 - A
unit 2 - C I hate organic with a passion. That soon changed to an A.
unit 3 - A
unit 4 - B

But then I re-sat unit 2 and got an A, I didn't revise for it. As it was basically unit 4 but much easier lol. The only thing I did was skim over the WJEC textbook in the morning of the exam. The only 2 reasons I sat it was because it was free and my chem teacher told me I don't need to revise as all the topics would have been covered anyway in unit 4 and I had nothing to lose as they still kept the higher grade.

Unit 1 and 3 were easier for me as it was more maths oriented and I just kept practicing all the maths. Learn all the flame colours, etc. And everything else is just easier to remember idk why lol. But what the actual heck is organic 😅🤣
username5087992
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SarangYongya)
You did so well, thank you so much for sharing your tips. I will try and revise in similar way. What websites did you use to find past papers?
idk if my way is the best for you as some people like flashcards, other like to make notes. I just read and answer questions.

I only used the wjec past paper official site, it has almost everything.
Although, there are 2 papers on mathsandphysicstutor that is not on the wjec website.
JoyStay
Rep:
Thank you!

idk if my way is the best for you as some people like flashcards, other like to make notes. I just read and answer questions.

I only used the wjec past paper official site, it has almost everything.
Although, there are 2 papers on mathsandphysicstutor that is not on the wjec website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (119)
33.9%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.07%
No (93)
26.5%
I'm not sure (44)
12.54%

Watched Threads