zeeac117
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am having a little trouble getting my head around thematic coding of qualitative data for my research,, I don't know if its what I should be doing but have no hope with any other statistical analysis - can anyone offer any advice or recommend any reading that might help?
Academia Master
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
What exactly do you want to know. For instance, are you wondering how to derive themes or you can't find any themes in the interviews?
zeeac117
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m supposed to be analysing articles as I can only use secondary research. I was told to code the information but do not know how to go about doing that, what do I code and how do I derive themes? Is it doable for articles?
Academia Master
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, it's doable. In regards to my experience,
Academia Master
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, it's doable. In regards to my experience, I'd suggest content analysis rather than thematic analysis. Content analysis will prove to be a bit simple than thematic analysis. Further, using the sugested approach will give you a window to represent your findings statistically.
First read about about content analysis. If the approach interests you, I'll offer some insights about how to go about it. If you will decide to stick to thematic analysis, I'll still be available to guide you on how to analyse your articles.
Thank you in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (187)
75.71%
No (60)
24.29%

Watched Threads