Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i broke up with my longstanding bf a few weeks ago and have been feeling like total ******* since. i have no idea how to occupy myself for what seems like an age before i go back to school in september. i dont feel like going out or seeing anyone, it feels like such an effort to do anything anymore, i have no idea of what to do, i can't pick myself up. what do you guys do to cheer you up?

ReputationRep:
    Take a looong shower. If I'm alone in my house, I like to have the bathroom door open, put on some music and sing along. Works wonders. Find a song that makes you happy - for me it's anything from Kate Voegele, Keane or Snow Patrol.

ReputationRep:
    -Shopping, even if I don't buy much.
    -Seeing friends even if I don't really want to.
    -Bake cakes/cookies or something (don't eat them all yourself!)
    -Lose myself in a book
    -Watch some TV

ReputationRep:
    Masturbate

ReputationRep:
    Seeing mates, going out for a walk with the dog, driving up the coast, going to the gym to take off my aggression. Also there's little things like painting your nails, doing your hair a different way, maybe dying it, getting your eyebrows waxed that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piglet29)
    i broke up with my longstanding bf a few weeks ago and have been feeling like total ******* since. i have no idea how to occupy myself for what seems like an age before i go back to school in september. i dont feel like going out or seeing anyone, it feels like such an effort to do anything anymore, i have no idea of what to do, i can't pick myself up. what do you guys do to cheer you up?
    read "the art of happiness" by the Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler. it helped me a lot and it changed my way of thinking, great book.

ReputationRep:
    Mines rather weird, but I go to Newcastle airport, lie in a field near the runway and watch planes fly over my head. Relaxes me! lol and when I'm relaxed I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piglet29)
    I know you don't feel like going out but let your friends know, if they don't know already, how **** you feel and then go out somewhere with them where you don't have to put much effort in and don't have to make any decisions, just go to a party or go bowling or anything with friends to get yourself into the world - it'll act as a distraction, show you that you can still have fun, show you you've got people there for you and give you something to do...

Other than that what I usually do is talk to friends about something completely different, maybe help with their problems to take my mind off my own problems, and watch TV/films to distract myself...

And hopefully this will make you smile just a bit: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    this is my recipe. You will need:
    1 tub of ben and jerrys phish food and or cookie dough
    1 bridget jones diary on DVD

Watch and eat - failproof way to make you feel better and works for me every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redluc)
    Masturbate
    Damn you.

Inb4alcohol

ReputationRep:
    Bake, bake bake bake bake bake.

Cakes, bread, cookies, muffins.

Or read.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is something that you don't want to do, but I would advise to get back out there and see your friends! If you are having a good time you will forget about your ex and don't forget if you confide in your friends I am sure it will make the pain more bearable. Remember to take initiative, organise days out etc with your friends. Perhaps you could watch comedy shows or the many great panel shows (I personally love watching Have I Got News For You) which can make you feel better. Perhaps you could search for a part time job to keep yourself occupied, there are countless ways to do so. You could also do things that make you feel good about yourself, like practising a sport or activity that you are particuarly good at. Either way, I hope you feel better soon =).

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the ideas guys, i'll give them a shot (=

ReputationRep:
    I usually crack open my next Sex and the City series boxset of dvds. Miss out the ice cream, I'm supposed to be dieting.

ReputationRep:
    Buying a book form waterstones etc then going to Costa Coffee/ Starbucks, ordering a hot chocolate etc and then hogging the comfy, squishy sofa for an hour or so whilst reading my new book

ReputationRep:
    Listen to some good loud music, air guitar, dance and sing your ass all around the house.
    Drink and play at being drunken characters (like, "drunken man from a western").
    Draw pictures.
    Climb trees.
    Make dens.
    Go on journeys.
    If all else fails, masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    Watch Friends! And if you don't feel like going out, you could phone one of your best friends - you don't need to leave the house, but you still get some cheering up.

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, I listen to music, especially those about life troubles. Makes you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Shopping
    Reading
    Hanging out with friends
    Listening to music
    Having a good old clear out and tidy up of my room
    Play my saxophone
    Watch a good film with assorted yummy things
    Cook
    Talk to friends on MSN
    Look at old photos
    Pamper myself in some way - have a haircut, manicure etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.