The Student Room Group

Pls Help! Undergraduate degree

What’s the difference between Marketing Management and Business Management and Marketing?
Original post by Soph2k
What’s the difference between Marketing Management and Business Management and Marketing?

It depends on the specific course. Even 2 courses with the exact same title can be very different. You need to look at the course webpage for each course and look at the modules and structure of each of them.
Original post by Soph2k

Hey @Soph2k,

I am not 100% sure but I would imagine these courses are pretty similar!

I study Management at Bath and, having shared my first year with Management with Marketing students, I would guess the courses you mention may differ in how much content you cover outside of marketing.

For example, Business Management and Marketing may have a broader Management focus (i.e. economics, accounting, HR, operations etc.) with marketing as a speciality. Whereas I imagine on a Marketing Management course you may solely study Marketing modules. If this is the case, the best course would depend on how sure you are about a career in marketing!

At Bath, Management, International Management and Management with Marketing students share the same first year where we cover all the core areas of business. This is really useful if you are not certain on a career in marketing, as you may have the opportunity to switch courses! Marketing students at Bath also have the choice to study non-marketing modules all the way through to final year such as accounting, finance, law etc. which is good if you want to keep your career options open.

Hope this helps! Ultimately all of the courses will be slightly different and it is worth really looking at the modules, assessments etc by course! :smile:

If you have anymore questions, just quote me.

Alice,
Final Year Management, University of Bath

Quick Reply

Latest