YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most of my classmates applied in early November and quickly had their references done and the whole thing sent off. I took an extra week to apply because I randomly had a change of heart on what I wanted to study and so I had to rewrite my whole personal statement. It's been almost a month since then and my application still hasn't got a reference attached or been checked through or anything. Everyone else got offers extremely quickly and quite a few have gotten unconditional offers even though we do BTEC and those particular people were predicted average grades and their personal statements were poorly written and cringey from what I saw. I feel like I'm going to be at a disadvantage since my application probably won't get sent off until January and it looks like so many unconditionals are being handed out for no reason (although I'm applying for a completely different course so that doesn't directly affect me but still). Am I at a disadvantage?
ApexCoder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please do some research before creating a new thread. A multitude of duplicates are already made on this site. But in short, absolutely not.
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ApexCoder)
Please do some research before creating a new thread. A multitude of duplicates are already made on this site. But in short, absolutely not.
I couldn't find anything, sorry. How come I'm not at a disadvantage if spaces are being taken as we speak?
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Spaces aren’t being taken. Up until the 15th Uni’s will make an offer to everyone who meets their internally agreed criteria.

Uni’s make many more offers than they have seats available. Some offer holders will choose to go elsewhere and others wont meet their conditions.

Your chance of receiving an offer are the same whether you submit on the 14th of Jan or in September prior.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
15%
1 (68)
13.6%
2 (65)
13%
20.6%
20.2%
5 (88)
17.6%

Watched Threads