The Student Room Group

Edexcel Spanish A-Level????💚

Does anyone have any notes/revision notes/mind maps or other resources for the reformed Edexcel Spanish A-Level? Or even any advice?
If so I would greatly appreciate it if you'd share them with me
I'm self studying and I need all the help I can get 💚💚💚
Original post by Vanessa Rose 01
Does anyone have any notes/revision notes/mind maps or other resources for the reformed Edexcel Spanish A-Level? Or even any advice?
If so I would greatly appreciate it if you'd share them with me
I'm self studying and I need all the help I can get 💚💚💚

Hi!

For the reading, listening and translation paper, the main thing you need to know is vocab. If you know that and your tenses, then you should be fine. For that paper, the majority of students find the listenings harder, and a way to improve on that is to find a film or tv show, and write down in Spanish what they say, then compare it to what they actually said.

For the writing paper, know the themes and characters as well as the techniques that the director/author uses. Also try to understand what they want to convey through the film, for example certain problems in society. The translation in this paper is from English to Spanish, and there is always going to be some subjunctive in it. Every single translation that I've done into Spanish has had subjunctive in there, so you need to recognise what will trigger it.

We haven't done much on the speaking exams, so I don't really know what advice to give, but there'll be a forum on it somewhere.
Hope that helps!
Original post by jostephens
Hi!

For the reading, listening and translation paper, the main thing you need to know is vocab. If you know that and your tenses, then you should be fine. For that paper, the majority of students find the listenings harder, and a way to improve on that is to find a film or tv show, and write down in Spanish what they say, then compare it to what they actually said.

For the writing paper, know the themes and characters as well as the techniques that the director/author uses. Also try to understand what they want to convey through the film, for example certain problems in society. The translation in this paper is from English to Spanish, and there is always going to be some subjunctive in it. Every single translation that I've done into Spanish has had subjunctive in there, so you need to recognise what will trigger it.

We haven't done much on the speaking exams, so I don't really know what advice to give, but there'll be a forum on it somewhere.
Hope that helps!

Oh thanks soooooo much! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this for me
Original post by Vanessa Rose 01
Oh thanks soooooo much! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this for me

No worries!

Good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest