-history -how do i cram a lot of information
-English lit
-English Lang-how do I get better at English language
-German-how can I get an 8/9
How do you use quizlet?
-can you guys give me lot of apps that really helps to get 8/9
And can I guys tell me tips to revise
E.g-visual,kinaesthetic,read and write,Auditory learners

^^ I want to do all the tips that you all do(pls share with me-I really want to get good grades pls) Thank you xxx

Artemystic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For maths ractice. Learn what you need to learn for each topic and just use practice sheets to get better and understand the range of questions. A really useful website for maths practice sheets is mathsgenie, it comes with the mark scheme for each sheet.
Artemystic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For science practice can also be useful, but if you want to remember formulas use flashcards. This works for various subject, like remembering quotes for English literature. Use your flashcards as often as possible, but try to mix it up a bit. Try using seneca learn for science. Just like mathsgenie it is free! It also has many other topics science. Don't forget to take notes, but try to condense them.
skittlessh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
maths & science, make sure you firstly KNOW the content fully and have no trouble using it and applying it to a question. THEN start to do practice papers!! that’s the only way you’ll get 8s/9s, remember important formulas and honestly you’ll be fine. (for science don’t make pages and pages of notes unless that helps but i’d recommend investing in flashcards so that you can’t just copy from the book aha!)

English Literature just remember quotes and analysis, do a few practice papers if you need to
English Language, personally for me the only way to get good in this is to do practice / past papers in order to know how you have to analyse etc, because in the actual exam it’ll be like that (once you’ve done a couple of papers you’ll crack the formula on how to answer each question and you’ll be fine!!)

German - (I’m working at 7 at the moment but I’m predicted an 8), remember key vocabulary, do as many practice papers and use quizlet to help you with this, i personally don’t use quizlet but we all learn differently (make sure you also revise listening and speaking, if you have the CGP book they have an online link for listening), try to answer questions and go over your grammar (There’s loads of youtube videos to help you with this too)

History, I don’t do this subject but just make sure you remember the key events +dates and understand them? i don’t know much for this.

Drama - again I don’t do this but just remember key definitions or something 😅

OVERALL TIPS
- do / attempt practice papers!!
- use a whiteboard to recall concepts you haven’t gone over for a while WITHOUT looking at your notes to see how much you know & what you have to revise
- if you learn with audio, youtube videos and teaching a family member / friend will help you
- visual learning use a lot of diagrams and annotate them with key information
- Rewrite information multiple times if that’s how you learn, if you do this I recommend investing in a whiteboard!!
- QUIZ YOURSELF ON THE INFORMATION BEFORE REVISING IT!! IT WILL BE SO MUCH MORE EASIER RATHER THAN REVISING THE TOPICS YOU’RE ALREADY CONFIDENT WITH, IT WILL REALLY LET YOU FIND YOUR WEAKNESSES!!

GOOD LUCK!! <3 PM ME IF U NEED HELP
Artemystic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My predicted grades for English language and literature is both grade 9. My advice is just remember the different types of techniques and how they affect the reader. My English teacher uses PQE and TQE. Put your point, your quote to back it up, then the affect on the reader. TQE is the technique (instead of saying a verb, what type of verb e.g. auxiliary verb), the quote the technique was used in and the affect of the technique/quote. Try using ambitious vocabulary in your writing including creative writing.
Artemystic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As for history, ask your teacher to give you revision booklets for different periods. Try to annotate texts that have important information, use flashcards to remember dates and people. Most importantly write notes in your own words! If you just write what you see your brain will go into auto-pilot and you won't process what you wrote.
Artemystic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do drama or German. But for learning languages learn different tenses. Or try to learn a new word every day.
Myahrose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Omg guys thank you so much this really helps and thank you so much xxx
hartley131
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths and Science - check out Professor Dave on youtube, there's also so many websites with practice questions on, I like mathsmadeeasy for example papers and answers and mathsbot.com for random generated questions, good for revision.

Languages - again there's so much out there, I like memrise.com for general vocab learning

History - same as advice above, use lots of key cards/revision cards, ensure you have key dates and facts memorised and practice questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (5)
55.56%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (0)
0%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed