Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This isn't really an H&R matter... so I've put it in chat.
    Me and my sister both applied for a summer job. She really wanted this job.. I just applied out of spite really.
    Now, I've been offered an interview tomorrow, and she hasn't. She said to me today "argh it's so annoying I havent heard from XXX I really wanted that job" and me, like an idiot, kept shtum and just said 'yea its really annoying isn't it'
    I have to break the news to her somehow, because otherwise if I get the job what will she say? "didn't you have an interview?"

What do I doooo?!?

Rep for the best/most helpful answer.

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest - if you both went for it then you should both have been prepared for the other to get it instead.

A younger sister or older sister?

Maybe get one of your parents to slip it into a conversation with her that you got an interview :p:

ReputationRep:
    My mum offered to tell her for me... I think I might let her.
    She's in the FOULEST mood today.. but I only got the interview today and it's tomorrow.
    She's 4 years older...
    I know if she got it and I didnt I'd be pretty upset.. but I really don't want her to bite my head off. grr.

Edit: My mum just told her hahahah :erm:

ReputationRep:
    If she's older then I wouldn't worry too much.

Maybe it'd be best if you told her though - she might get annoyed that you didn't if it's your mum who breaks it to her.

You could just go find her and say "Hey... they offered me an interview for tomorrow" then wait for her to respond. Maybe even throw in that you feel a bit bad about it.

Hopefully she'll be alright about it. If she goes for your throat then RUN! RUN AWAY!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! what happened OP.
    How did she take it? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Gyal)
    LOL! what happened OP.
    How did she take it? x
    Uhm she cried a lot... but apparently shes just not happy generally at the moment

Good luck me :]!

ReputationRep:
    If you're identical twins then I have the solution, thanks to a young Lindsey Lohan and some bad acting.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.