The Student Room Group

When to start revising for finals?

Hello, just wondering when people generally started revising for finals? I have the PSA coming up in march and osce/finals in march/april. Unfortunately my dad just passed away which means I literally cannot concentrate and have a lot going on. am hoping to get into revising December hols - hoping this isn't too late? just need some reassurance really! also, haven't really done well in exams before despite decent revision.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, just wondering when people generally started revising for finals? I have the PSA coming up in march and osce/finals in march/april. Unfortunately my dad just passed away which means I literally cannot concentrate and have a lot going on. am hoping to get into revising December hols - hoping this isn't too late? just need some reassurance really! also, haven't really done well in exams before despite decent revision.

I think December is fine. My finals were in May and I think I started in February.

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you let the medical school know?
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
I think December is fine. My finals were in May and I think I started in February.

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you let the medical school know?

okay thank you,
yep let them know and to be honest they're more interested in me going to placement properly!
Sorry to hear about your dad. In my experience medical schools are hot on admin, low on compassion. I agree with everyone else, you have plenty of time - I think three months is plenty, at the end of the day finals is actually all stuff you've done before - and it's better to be in a good frame of mind so you can revise properly then push yourself when you're not in the right place and not really take it all in.
Reply 4
Now. Whenever you start, the better.
Reply 5
I have just started and my finals are at the end of Feb! :smile:
I guess it depends how much study leave you get and how much of your schedule from now until then is revision sessions. A couple months is probably fine though.
Reply 7
Look back a little, when did things work for you best? Since you are at your finals ... I am sure you remember moments of revision that caused you to do exceptionally well.

There is always time if you put the effort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending