How do I study for gcse history and drama?

Watch
Myahrose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I don’t know how to study for the 2 subjects
-if you don’t mind can you guys go in detail with those 2 subjects
-kinaesthetic,visual,read and write ,auditory learners-if you are anyone of those can you guys help me bc I want to do all the tips you guys do pls

-I am aiming for a 8/9
Chowderzzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
GCSE History:
I did GCSE History and got an 8 just for reference. The way i revised was initially going through exam technique with teachers, so I knew how to structure my answers and how long to spend on every question in the exam.
In terms of content revision I’d say buy a CGP book for the courses you’re doing as they have all the necessary info that will give you good context marks. Read through the book so you know the content inside out (something I didn’t do). Also practice exam papers. Also on a more basic note, try to think about how things link together.
I actually learnt best by watching videos on a website called GCSE pod (which my school had access to) and it had small 5-10 minute videos on every aspect of the course for History.

Sorry I didn’t do drama so I’m not much help there
Myahrose
Rep:
?
Thank you so much x 😊
username4927350
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did GCSE History, but not GCSE Drama, this year. I was able to get a grade 9.

How I revised for the exams:
1. I made flashcards for key dates, names and facts in each topic.
2. I did lots of past paper questions and checked them with my teacher to get feedback on my exam technique.
3. I watched summary videos of the topics closer to my exams for a general overview.
4. I engaged with the topics by learning more about them outside of the textbooks which made them more fun and helped everything else make more sense through context.

I mainly used my class book and online resources to create the flashcards.

Something that made it all easier to understand was connecting all the dates together, not just seeing them individually. Seeing the logical flow of events within the topic made it easier to grasp.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
username5052014
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! For GCSE History (grade 8) I made a timeline on the Cold War and taped it onto my bedroom wall (let’s just say it took up a lot of space 😂) and I made sure to read it every night before I went to sleep. I also made A3 posters on each topic, each key figure like Gorbachev and cue cards for all of the key dates. Tbh I regret not doing this as often, but I recommend attempt past papers because as boring as they can be, it’s the best method for getting used to exam techniques and truly testing your knowledge!! As for Drama (grade 7), I studied Blood Brothers and made mind maps on each of the key themes, characters, costume, semiotics, etc, and for the live evaluation question I made cue cards outlining the actor, again their costume, their vocal techniques, the key themes of the play and what I would do to improve the aspects which I felt were weak. Good luck, you seem really motivated and I’m sure you’ll achieve brilliant results!! Try not to stress too much and maybe try out a few methods to see what’s best for you
Chowderzzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Some really creative people on this thread. I feel quite boring just saying I watched videos for everything 😅
(Original post by Myahrose)
Thank you so much x 😊
Nw happy to help
Myahrose
Rep:
?
Thank you so much guys you are all so kind !!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed