Workout programmes Watch

CoffeeeAddict
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking to change up my current programme, does anyone have any good workout routines that they're using and is well rounded?

Ideal is a workout that last 60mins of lifting (exclude warm up) and I can train 3x a week.
Anonymous Y11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would do either push/pull/legs if you wanna do each once a week and then complement every workout with some ab exercises. Otherwise you could do push/pull on one day, legs on another and a full workout/ push/pull on the 3rd day.
CoffeeeAddict
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous Y11)
I would do either push/pull/legs if you wanna do each once a week and then complement every workout with some ab exercises. Otherwise you could do push/pull on one day, legs on another and a full workout/ push/pull on the 3rd day.
Have you got any set workouts that I could try?
Half my issue is putting together a workout programme, I prefer pre-made ones just so I can go to the gym and then workout without having to think
Anonymous Y11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoffeeeAddict)
Have you got any set workouts that I could try?
Half my issue is putting together a workout programme, I prefer pre-made ones just so I can go to the gym and then workout without having to think
I usually go 4x a week. For legs I do squats 5x5, Bulgarian split squats 8-10x4, leg curls 10x4 and leg extensions 10x4. For pull I do pull-ups first, for me I do as many as I can which is around 5 , then I do rows (dumbbell or machine you can decide) 8x4 but go one arm only and quite heavy, lag pull down 10x4, bicep curls 10x4 and hammer curls 10x4 more for the feeling rather than being necessary. For push, do bench press 5x5, flies 10x4, triceps push down 10x4 and overhead tricep extensions 10x4. Personally, I do abs at home by doing either l-sits or leg raises and Russian twists.

This works well for me and I’ve gotten good strength results. As I said, I go 4x a week so I do push and pull one day, leg the next, push the third and then pull on the fourth day. Just make sure you have around a day rest in between the same muscle groups workouts.

Feel free to ask me anything
CoffeeeAddict
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous Y11)
I usually go 4x a week. For legs I do squats 5x5, Bulgarian split squats 8-10x4, leg curls 10x4 and leg extensions 10x4. For pull I do pull-ups first, for me I do as many as I can which is around 5 , then I do rows (dumbbell or machine you can decide) 8x4 but go one arm only and quite heavy, lag pull down 10x4, bicep curls 10x4 and hammer curls 10x4 more for the feeling rather than being necessary. For push, do bench press 5x5, flies 10x4, triceps push down 10x4 and overhead tricep extensions 10x4. Personally, I do abs at home by doing either l-sits or leg raises and Russian twists.

This works well for me and I’ve gotten good strength results. As I said, I go 4x a week so I do push and pull one day, leg the next, push the third and then pull on the fourth day. Just make sure you have around a day rest in between the same muscle groups workouts.

Feel free to ask me anything
Brilliant. I'll give that a go for good couple weeks. I just needed some tried and tested routines to be honest, whenever I try to create workouts, I end up doing too many sets and its never sustainable for more than 6-8 weeks before I fatigue out.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoffeeeAddict)
Brilliant. I'll give that a go for good couple weeks. I just needed some tried and tested routines to be honest, whenever I try to create workouts, I end up doing too many sets and its never sustainable for more than 6-8 weeks before I fatigue out.
What they said is neither tried and tested, nor a proper routine. It's a list of exercises.

If you can make it 4x a week, do gzclp. It's proven, rounded and will make you both bigger and stronger. If only 3x a week, look into 531 for beginners.
CoffeeeAddict
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by illusionz)
What they said is neither tried and tested, nor a proper routine. It's a list of exercises.

If you can make it 4x a week, do gzclp. It's proven, rounded and will make you both bigger and stronger. If only 3x a week, look into 531 for beginners.
Ah nice! I just read that program and it seems to be what I'm looking for. Thanks.
I like how progression is built into the programme and how to overcome plateaus.

If there is any other programs like that, I would love to hear about them.
Alaska215
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Love gracefituk workouts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (11)
6.59%
They've been reasonable (68)
40.72%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.35%
They are TERRIBLE! (44)
26.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise