Shiro_A
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey so,
I'm doing my A-Levels but I got permission from my school to take the Edexcel Japanese GCSE in spring/summertime. I'm doing this on my own so I was wondering if anyone who either does the course or is somehow also learning it, can help me find resources for the exam to study, know where I can find any textbooks, know where to find help for grammar and kanji. Like anything. I'm stressed but determined
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just find the spec on the Edexcel website and work through. They will have all the required vocabulary and grammar points so just work through. You can probably find a tutor or something or some Japanese people to communicate with online. Is there any specific reason you're doing it? For fun or because you need it?
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racsoix)
Just find the spec on the Edexcel website and work through. They will have all the required vocabulary and grammar points so just work through. You can probably find a tutor or something or some Japanese people to communicate with online. Is there any specific reason you're doing it? For fun or because you need it?
I'm doing it cause I need to have a GCSE for a few of the Universities that I have applied to, but I am also doing it because I would like to- aside from the university aspect.
I'm kinda poor so I can't really afford a tutor. I have looked at the Edexcel thingy and there is a vocabulary sheet (x 20 yet it is still not all of it) but there is not anything specific or easily understandable in regards to grammar. The pdf from Edecel is mainly about the exams and then the small vocab sheets
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You might find something useful here: https://www.jpf.org.uk/index.php
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
You might find something useful here: https://www.jpf.org.uk/index.php
Ooh~ thank you
Racsoix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shiro_A)
I'm doing it cause I need to have a GCSE for a few of the Universities that I have applied to, but I am also doing it because I would like to- aside from the university aspect.
I'm kinda poor so I can't really afford a tutor. I have looked at the Edexcel thingy and there is a vocabulary sheet (x 20 yet it is still not all of it) but there is not anything specific or easily understandable in regards to grammar. The pdf from Edecel is mainly about the exams and then the small vocab sheets
Really? Take a look here and scroll to the bottom: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...anese-2017.pdf

This should show all the necessary vocabulary and kanji. You might have looked here already though (I don't know if this is all the vocab or not) so instead try somewhere like memrise for the full course vocabulary:

https://www.memrise.com/course/72998...-vocabulary-3/
https://www.memrise.com/course/28956...cluding-kanji/

Try this two first and if these don't work you can always click on the 'courses' tab and type in "Japanese GCSE" to find it. Let me know if these still don't work.
Amitkings
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  2d8sg2-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  14.8 KB
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Konnichiwa
000_0000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey so,
I'm doing my A-Levels but I got permission from my school to take the Edexcel Japanese GCSE in spring/summertime. I'm doing this on my own so I was wondering if anyone who either does the course or is somehow also learning it, can help me find resources for the exam to study, know where I can find any textbooks, know where to find help for grammar and kanji. Like anything. I'm stressed but determined
i never knew u could do japanese gcse i would have done it
ive learnt a bit frome some japanse dramas
Racsoix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amitkings)
Name:  2d8sg2-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  14.8 KB
Absolutely hilarious. Comedy gold.
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 000_0000)
There's a lot of random GCSEs, like Astronomy, and Urdu.
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
Yeah I was surprised when I found out too, but it is definitely much harder than say a French GCSE which I think is a bit weird but hey-ho
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
There's a lot of random GCSEs, like Astronomy, and Urdu.
I think it is a shame that not many schools inform students of all the things they could study or consider taking up in their past time and just do the exam through the school
000_0000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I was surprised when I found out too, but it is definitely much harder than say a French GCSE which I think is a bit weird but hey-ho
im doing french and wish i never had to do it
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it is a shame that not many schools inform students of all the things they could study or consider taking up in their past time and just do the exam through the school
Well, you can always do a lot of them later in life. Many schools don't tell people because they don't have the resources to teach the weird subjects, and it's not in their best interests to spread students too thinly.
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
im doing french and wish i never had to do it
Eh really? How comes?
000_0000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eh really? How comes?
its too hard and my teacher think i could get amazing cuz my sister did and i had no say whats so ever in doing it or not, i wanted to do spanish
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
Well, you can always do a lot of them later in life. Many schools don't tell people because they don't have the resources to teach the weird subjects, and it's not in their best interests to spread students too thinly.
I understand that because that is the case for my school, though I still think its a bit sad, so many people could find a passion or interest sooner in life and work towards a goal in that area- career or university-related
Shiro_A
Rep:
?
its too hard and my teacher think i could get amazing cuz my sister did and i had no say whats so ever in doing it or not, i wanted to do spanish
Woah... I don't think teachers should compare like that, especially with siblings, I feel as though that has the opposite effect. How come you weren't allowed to do Spanish though?
000_0000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Woah... I don't think teachers should compare like that, especially with siblings, I feel as though that has the opposite effect. How come you weren't allowed to do Spanish though?
if u didn't do spanish before yr 9 then u couldn't do it which wasn't fair cuz they picked who could do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (138)
52.08%
No (127)
47.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise