Can I get into LSE with Math, Bio, Chem, FM(AS) Watch

jxsoph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will I be able to enter LSE (of any other target uni) for an Econ/Finance related course with these A-Levels and grades?

A*A*A a math bio chem FM(as) respectively

These are the subjects I enjoyed throughout GCSE, and continue to enjoy studying at A-Level. I recognize that perhaps an essay subject would've been conducive to me matriculating at a prestigious insutition. That being said, I feel these are very respected A-levels, they are all heavily quantitative, with the exclusion of Biology. What other things could I do to increase my chances of landing a spot? Work experience at a bank? Starting an econ club?....
chapmase
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Those are all good a-levels and you should have a good chance at being accepted.

LSE in particular and other similar universities really like strong maths skills for economics and finance, so if there is any way that you can do further maths A-level then this would be good to have.

As you've already said, you may be lacking in writing skills due to not doing an essay writing subject. You could maybe have a look and see if there are any economics related essay competitions that you could enter which would really add to your personal statement. Reading around the subject is also a good idea. Obviously work experience is great too if you're able to get any.
jxsoph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by chapmase)
Those are all good a-levels and you should have a good chance at being accepted.

LSE in particular and other similar universities really like strong maths skills for economics and finance, so if there is any way that you can do further maths A-level then this would be good to have.

As you've already said, you may be lacking in writing skills due to not doing an essay writing subject. You could maybe have a look and see if there are any economics related essay competitions that you could enter which would really add to your personal statement. Reading around the subject is also a good idea. Obviously work experience is great too if you're able to get any.
Thank you very much for taking your time to respond.

I will look into writing competitions and consider publishing some articles in a journal if possible Yes, you are right about the writing skills, none of my A-levels demostrate my writing ability, though I did get 9,8 in lang and lit respectively; though I'm sure that is the norm for LSE applicants!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.24%
12.4%
12.28%
18.03%
23.19%
19.86%

Watched Threads