Cryptic Adventures Escape Room - BTEC Business Unit 2 Watch

Poll: INFORMATION on Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign - Escape Rooms (January 2019)
This was helpful, Thanks! (27)
75%
This wasn't helpful, what are you doing with your life? (9)
25%
Rizzy_G12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pxllard)
Cryptic Adventurers Escape Rooms UK market growth and market size The market has grown quickly in recent years and is estimated that the number of escape rooms has grown from 1 in March to 598 by December 2016 and now over 1500 by 2019. They are very popular in the UK and has shown how popular the game is. The market is fragmented as only a handful of operators of stores have more than 5 – 6 branches. Most of the operators have only 1 – 3 rooms per branch. From August 2018 there were 1138 companies whereas in December 2019 there is 1592 this means that there is a 40% increase. Also, with the companies in August 2018 there were 288 companies compared to the 355 from December 2019 this means that there is a 23.2% increase. Venues has also got a 25.5% increase. The estimated market value has gone up from 53.3 Million to 74.5 Million which is a 40% increase. Geographic Distribution The expansion of the rooms in the UK in the 18 – 24 months show that customers have a range of choices of who they can go to within a small geographical area. This makes it harder for new entrants to successfully enter the market. From the picture it shows that there is less of a demand for escape rooms around the midlands and the south of the UK and clearly shoe that there is a higher demand of them up to the north of the UK Main competitors Competitors Clue HQ – They have escape rooms all over the country, from Birmingham, to Glasgow, to Somerset. They allow you to have teams of 2 – 6 which allows for the bigger teams and the smaller teams to play. They are given 60 minutes to escape so they will need to have bigger facilities. They are one of the biggest escape room venues in the UK and have locations nationwide that offer various escape room scenarios. They have had over 6000 5 Star reviews on Trip Advisor across the UK. They provide a themed experience and are impossible to complete without working as a team so this would be perfect for team building opportunities. Clue HQ says that it is available for most age ranges and most physical abilities. They have good customer service and they help plan the event with you and can discuss the requirements you may need prior to the confirmation of your booking. They have 11 different scenarios according to their website for Birmingham for example Core reactor A, B and C. Online booking will need to be made 48 hours in advanced, however you can book on the day if you ring them up to discuss what you are wanting to book. They refuse any alcohol on the premises and will have to have an adult as part of their group if they are under 18 years of age. They do not accept cancellations, transfers or refunds once you have booked your slot. For 2 – 3 players then it will cost £25 per person. 4 – 5 players will cost £20 per person. 6-7 players will cost £18 per person. They do gift vouchers for 2 – 6 players ranging from costs from £50 - £108 depending on how many players that are joining in. Escape Reality – They have different escape rooms around the country but also around the world, they have one in Dubai, Las Vegas, Delhi and Birmingham. This sets them out from Clue HQ as they have rooms in different countries whereas Clue HQ has them only in the UK. The one in Birmingham has 6 new ‘immersive’ escape rooms. You have 60 minutes to escape one of the rules. You can book for friends and family, corporate events, Hen and Stag parties. This shows that they have a range of events that can be booked for the customers. They have 6 scenarios that are playable for the customers. They don’t have as many scenarios as Clue HQ, but they are different compared to them. You can book online and games for 2 people can play for £44 this means that per person it would cost £22. They can have 6 people per group and have different kind of promo codes available. You can gift games and use them as gifts for birthdays and other social events and holidays. As the same as the last one it shows on their website that once the booking is confirmed, refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted as part of their terms and conditions of booking. Share Size For share size it is currently a strong buy on the company Escape hunt on the website X this basically means that it is very good to invest in the company you can defiantly make profit from it. The market capitalization shows that it lies at £4.31 million and that there are 26.93 million shares in issue shows that there is a lot of people that have bought shares in this company. Trends in the industry The use of updated technology like AR as it is cheaper than VR this means that AR requires no special equipment other than a smartphone with a camera. They are becoming more popular in the industry with more owners incorporating them into their rooms. Being immersed into the room is very important for the story and the more the player is offered in terms of choices means that they will become more incorporated in the story and will mean that his choices have consequences. Another trend would be hat they are educational and can build communication, teamwork and more general knowledge. Another trend is mobile escape rooms which brings the escape room to them rather than them having to travel. They are not common and are quite expensive as you will need to buy the bus ad repair and maintain it. kind of what i have so far don't know if it'll help you out at all
wow
Nazz69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
whats yo email?
NoMercy21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll dm ya
Hawa16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i have that exammmmmm🙍
Last edited by Hawa16; 1 month ago
Aston luiz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hawa16)
i have that exammmmmm🙍
capppppp
stell579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can you send me some too
Patrick g
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ggggggggggg
Last edited by Patrick g; 1 month ago
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Will do
bigCH
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Josh Jones2002)
im having issues finding UK sources , any help from anyone must appreciated
shush
Patty man
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Patrick g)
add me om grinder patty man ive got good batty man
yeah only if you know the glitch to the system
Caseyss6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nazz69)
whats yo email?
Please could you email me too if you have any notes,
Caseyss6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone got the swot of the cryptic escape room jan 2020? Really need help with it.
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys

You all have been talking about the same thing across the site so I thought I would merge all the conversations together so it's in one conversation to make it easier for you guys to talk! Just to let you know!
cameronj02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi guys we got given this link if its any help https://www.tutor2u.net/business/blo...ooms-in-the-uk
_wdw321_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Caseyss6)
Has anyone got the swot of the cryptic escape room jan 2020? Really need help with it.
Tutor2u has a doc that needs to be downloaded that has most the information you will need x
kianbhut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Billy wall wants a scrap
_wdw321_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LENG LENG)
anyone want a BF?
And you are???
coddersboisym
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Korna)
market shareEscape room is worth 74.5 million Competition11 competitors and how many store there are in the uk Escape 104 6.5% Clue HQ 69 4.3125%Escape reality 57 3.5625%Escape hut 44 2.75%Locked in a room38 2.375% Target audience Escape room games are enjoyed by a variety ofpeople from gamers to families, tourists and friendsand that increasingly, corporates use escape roomgames for employee assessment, management`````````````````````` `training, leadership evaluation and team building.According to Ken Ferguson, the main demographicgroup is aged between 25-35. Bookings arepredominantly made for the evenings (weekdays) andall day over the weekend.Corporate groups are particularly welcome andlucrative – as they tend to bring larger groups and fillup spare capacity during the daytime booking slots.Trends The market is still growing so theirs room to make money if new people joins Higher competition more people are opening more escape rooms now people want difficult escape rooms to play and enjoy. And people want it to be more technological like computers involved etcMovie-inspired escape rooms people want escape rooms based on movies Big focus on safety need to have a door which is always open for any emergency like fires What people need to do to remain competitive If you want to remain competitive in the escape room industry, it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends and market developments.While the market is still on the rise, competition is getting tougher and you need to work extra hard in order to gain an advantage in the eyes of your customers. Many rooms find success by theming their experience using movie concepts. This is a good way to differentiate, provided you have consent from the copyright holders. In addition, there’s a growing concern about safety when it comes to escape rooms and it’s important to comply with your local regulations to prevent accidents and avoid hefty fines. Lastly, as most escape room bookings are now made online, it’s crucial to have a great buying experience on your website and other online sales channels.Swot on escape rooms StrengthsRelatively easy entry and low capital outlay.Unique themesVariety of difficulty levelsGame masters trained for role-playing and excellent customer serviceLocation is close to customers and relatively far from competitorsRegular changes to clues and puzzlesWeaknessesUpset customers can potentially harm both business reputations or cause collateral damage by way of online reviews.New to the area and marketBrand not well establishedLimited capitalOpportunitiesReach a customer geography not yet catered forGrowing industry and popularity of mystery roomsUnlimited number of new themes, game, and cluesLow barriers to entryThreatsAnother new entrant or current supplier expansion could potentially hurt market share.While we do have a backup, the website could go down for technical reasons.Sales tied to economic growth.
got a big batty and a peng bunbaclatty
Nazz69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if anyone needs any resources that may help them with any research, hmu and pm me your email
coddersboisym
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aston luiz)
what main 3 companies did everyone choose
apple, brazzers and snapchat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (49)
35.51%
I really love the subject (37)
26.81%
I don't know what else to do (19)
13.77%
I can't get a job (8)
5.8%
My parents want me to (3)
2.17%