Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Should we have CCTV in every school classroom to prevent crime and other incidents e.g., accusal of sexual harassment?

Please, please include an argument as to why you agree or disagree.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    No, i don't think there should be. I think my school was pretty close to that though - difficult to tell as most of the cameras are hidden.

ReputationRep:
    No, because cases such as sexual harrassment are rare, and schools are not prisons.

ReputationRep:
    No! because things like that are usually one offs. Plus the money that will be spent purchasing, installing and monitoring CCTV cameras can be put to better use, for example, better training for teachers (not on how to teach, but on how to deal with said incidents in the classroom).

ReputationRep:
    NO certainly not!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    ****, no.

ReputationRep:
    Please all include arguments as to why you agree or disagree!

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's a ridiculous idea. It's pointless and expensive.

ReputationRep:
    If they were, accusations pupils make can be proven or disproven, and parents could see how their children are interacting and behaving in class. It does seem rather far-fetched, have to agree-but after recent experiences I've had in my lessons, I would love to show some pupils' parents footage of their sprogs' behaviour. However the problem is with lack of disciplinary powers and behaviour-the cameras wouldn't 'solve' this as such.

ReputationRep:
    NO, ever heard of "innocent till proven guilty"?? Same principle, lesser scale. Dont invade the privacy of those who dont offend just to catch the minority that do.

ReputationRep:
    No- we should not become a surveillance society.

ReputationRep:
    No, Pupils will feel that school is like prison and that they have n o privacy ( And hey you ever did the odd silly thing which was quite harmless but could get you in a lot of trouble ) CCTV would pick this up and i think would just spoil school ( Im not saying school is a place to doss or much about )

ReputationRep:
    On a similar note: To fight domestic violence, I suggest a ban on curtains and cellars. And a law that all new buildings must be constructed using glass and other transparent materials.

:woo:

(Actually, I just wrote this post to use that awesome smiley.)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, someone used to steal my pens. Every single lesson. I'd love to have known who it was...

ReputationRep:
    well they have announced proposals to have knife scanners in schools, cctv all over schools including toilets, police with sniffer dogs going into classrooms, locking kids in at lunctime.

im attempting to keep track of announcements.

no as im against creating a prison planet

ReputationRep:
    IMO CCTV should be in every school classroom because if there isn't then it can't be reported unless theres an actual place to report it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    On a similar note: To fight domestic violence, I suggest a ban on curtains and cellars. And a law that all new buildings must be constructed using glass and other transparent materials.
    That's not a great analogy since there's no presumption of privacy in a school, unlike one's private property.

ReputationRep:
    No. Is there really that much crime in schools? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Teach kids to be civil, to start with.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.