kthughes1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently at college and I am finding it difficult to keep my things organized for college. I look and watch other people's way to organize their folder. I wanted to see what your opinion is and I will be appreciate it if you can let me know your way on how you organize your things. Thanks ever so much. X
Txu99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! Second year a level student here.
I use a lever arch folder and also if i can find them, plastic dividers.

- specification printed at the front along with any checklists given to me by teachers.
- for my science subjects i use a divider for each module, and then i use those little sticky tabs to divide it further (i.e. 5.1.1, 5.1.2). All worksheets from teachers and resources i print out specific to a topic go in here.
- at the back i have a section for assessments

At some point my folder gets extremely thick so i will transfer useless worksheets teachers have given to me to another smaller folder at home, keeping only the ones i know i can use again for revision. Some sheets I will put into plastic wallets because i am extremely clumsy and have tipped whole glasses of water on my work lol.

There are loads of ways you can do it so experiment until you're happy. I'd say try your best to file away sheets at the end of lesson, but if you can't make sure you spend around 10 minutes at the end of every week.
kthughes1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Txu99)
Hi! Second year a level student here.
I use a lever arch folder and also if i can find them, plastic dividers.

- specification printed at the front along with any checklists given to me by teachers.
- for my science subjects i use a divider for each module, and then i use those little sticky tabs to divide it further (i.e. 5.1.1, 5.1.2). All worksheets from teachers and resources i print out specific to a topic go in here.
- at the back i have a section for assessments

At some point my folder gets extremely thick so i will transfer useless worksheets teachers have given to me to another smaller folder at home, keeping only the ones i know i can use again for revision. Some sheets I will put into plastic wallets because i am extremely clumsy and have tipped whole glasses of water on my work lol.

There are loads of ways you can do it so experiment until you're happy. I'd say try your best to file away sheets at the end of lesson, but if you can't make sure you spend around 10 minutes at the end of every week.
Thank you ever so much. You have give me very important tips that I will try.
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I took 4 subjects, and had two different ways of storing notes.

I had a lever arch file for each subject, kept at home.

Then (for Maths, FM and English Literature) I had a popper wallet for each teacher and worked on loose leaf paper. I would put current work into the folders, and every week or so I would sort through and file things away. I would make sure to put homework into these folders and such, and would generally only keep relevant work and checklists in them.

I rarely filed anything for Maths or Further Maths, unless it was homework,checklists, or a teacher given resource. I'd usually just chuck my work away after a couple weeks because I never revised from it. I instead has a folder where I kept past papers (I did them on loose leaf as well) and for each module I had a grade tracker graph.

For physics, I had a pukka pad notebook. I would staple sheets and everything into that, and used my lever arch file for revision notes.
kthughes1
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
I took 4 subjects, and had two different ways of storing notes.

I had a lever arch file for each subject, kept at home.

Then (for Maths, FM and English Literature) I had a popper wallet for each teacher and worked on loose leaf paper. I would put current work into the folders, and every week or so I would sort through and file things away. I would make sure to put homework into these folders and such, and would generally only keep relevant work and checklists in them.

I rarely filed anything for Maths or Further Maths, unless it was homework,checklists, or a teacher given resource. I'd usually just chuck my work away after a couple weeks because I never revised from it. I instead has a folder where I kept past papers (I did them on loose leaf as well) and for each module I had a grade tracker graph.

For physics, I had a pukka pad notebook. I would staple sheets and everything into that, and used my lever arch file for revision notes.
Thanks you ever so much. I will take your tips and advice on board and try them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (228)
43.43%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.33%

Watched Threads