Crush advice please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, so let me explain.
Me and this boy have both liked each other for a while now, around a year, but none of us have verbally expressed it to each other. However, we have told other people, which has led to us both finding out that we like each other, through our friends. However, he is introverted and has not had a girlfriend before or asked anyone out, so I am trying to cut him some slack. But he has not made a move, and I feel a little bit insecure, without meaning to sound vain. He has been told that I like him from other people, so if he asked me out I wouldn't reject him, yet he hasn't done anything. I really care for this boy, and a mutual friend of ours is hyping me up to ask him out in the holidays, but I am scared of rejection. Although I know he likes me, I don't know if he would feel insecure about a girl asking him out, or getting too overwhelmed. He also has ADHD so I do not want to overwhelm him. Why do you reckon has he not made a move, and should I ask him out? I think he's amazing.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How old are you both?
lol.yolo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why should he have to be the one to ask you out? Because you feel insecure and scared of rejection? If you feel this way (and therefore have not asked him out) then perhaps his reason is the same.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
How old are you both?
17, nearly 18.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
17, nearly 18.
Are you both going to uni?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lol.yolo)
Why should he have to be the one to ask you out? Because you feel insecure and scared of rejection? If you feel this way (and therefore have not asked him out) then perhaps his reason is the same.
No, you're right. He shouldn't have to be the one to ask me out, but loads of people have told me that the boy should ask the girl out otherwise the boy will be put off by the girls eagerness, or the boy will feel embarrassed getting asked out, etc. He is a lot more introverted when it comes like this than I am, hence why I am trying to build my courage up to ask him out, but sometimes I think is it because hes introverted, or could it be another possible reason.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No, you're right. He shouldn't have to be the one to ask me out, but loads of people have told me that the boy should ask the girl out otherwise the boy will be put off by the girls eagerness, or the boy will feel embarrassed getting asked out, etc. He is a lot more introverted when it comes like this than I am, hence why I am trying to build my courage up to ask him out, but sometimes I think is it because hes introverted, or could it be another possible reason.
Why would he feel embrassed?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
A lot of guys have said that the boy should always ask the girl out, otherwise it makes him seem like a bit of a wuss. I don't agree, but the boy I like has a large male-dominated group of friends that like to act as 'lads' and so I think he wouldn't be want to seen as the wuss almost.
Anonymous #1
Are you both going to uni?
No, we both have similar career aspects really. We live in the same town, on different sides, but our town is smallish so we're not far from each other. We are both going to do apprenticeship work or job work.
Anonymous #1
Bump
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just ask him out. As a 18 year old I was told someone who I liked liked me but I was certain it was a joke. I realise now it wasn’t but if he’s insecure he won’t take the risk
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I've never been in a relationship I didn't start. Any guy that's put off by female "eagerness" isn't someone I'd want to date anyway. Most guys are really flattered, and some find it pretty hot when a girl shows out and out interest in him. My current relationship started because got really really drunk, and was basically harassing my crush most of an evening. I made it very clear I liked him. All I personally remember of the evening is lying in bed at the end and lamenting he'd never love me while he was just across the room (a group of people had to help me home.) He asked me on a proper date a few days later. We've been together a year, and still going strong.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should ask him to meet you. You don’t have to be over the top. Just ask him if he’d like to go for a coffee with you
Good luck.
Anonymous #1
I've never been in a relationship I didn't start. Any guy that's put off by female "eagerness" isn't someone I'd want to date anyway. Most guys are really flattered, and some find it pretty hot when a girl shows out and out interest in him. My current relationship started because got really really drunk, and was basically harassing my crush most of an evening. I made it very clear I liked him. All I personally remember of the evening is lying in bed at the end and lamenting he'd never love me while he was just across the room (a group of people had to help me home.) He asked me on a proper date a few days later. We've been together a year, and still going strong.
Firstly, I just wanted to say I'm glad you and your bf are going strong, and good luck to you. I've never asked out a guy before, and I like him so much, that I don't want to come off as desperate and needy, but part of me wants to tell him just because he does mean a lot to me.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Firstly, I just wanted to say I'm glad you and your bf are going strong, and good luck to you. I've never asked out a guy before, and I like him so much, that I don't want to come off as desperate and needy, but part of me wants to tell him just because he does mean a lot to me.
Just do it. Take the plunge! You won't come off as desperate, unless you are particularly desperate. Just ask him for coffee or something.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SteveyStack)
Just ask him out. As a 18 year old I was told someone who I liked liked me but I was certain it was a joke. I realise now it wasn’t but if he’s insecure he won’t take the risk
I keep on saying to myself that he might take the risk, but I think he's too shy. I want to but I don't want to come across as too eager, not because I'm worried about being soppy or anything because he genuinely means a lot to me, but because I'm worried he will just sort of shut down or become embarrassed.
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I keep on saying to myself that he might take the risk, but I think he's too shy. I want to but I don't want to come across as too eager, not because I'm worried about being soppy or anything because he genuinely means a lot to me, but because I'm worried he will just sort of shut down or become embarrassed.
If you don’t take the risk then you will regret it. I’d advise you to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.94%
They've been reasonable (58)
40.28%
Not feeling great... (39)
27.08%
They are TERRIBLE! (37)
25.69%

Watched Threads