How can I keep my teeth clean? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just been back from dentist getting my teeth cleaned and not look forward to going again. How can I reduce placque and make sure my teeth don't stain? I really can't stand their cleaning tools (more like a drill and metal scraping scythe). I cannot bear the pneumatic drill sounds.

I am thinking if I drink tea with a straw it won't stain my teeth as much. Will green and herbal teas stain my teeth? As for plaque what else can I do other than brushing twice a day, floss, mouthwash. Should I brush briefly after eating anything with carbs or sugars?
Chowderzzz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to go to dentist all the time as a kid to get my teeth polished and hated it. But since I’ve been properly brushing my teeth they’ve been healthy.

You could try adding a bit of baking soda to your toothpaste as a lot of people online seem to say that works well. I’ve not personally done it but you could try if u want.
Last edited by Chowderzzz; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Chowderzzz)
I used to go to dentist all the time as a kid to get my teeth polished and hated it. But since I’ve been properly brushing my teeth they’ve been healthy.

You could try adding a bit of baking soda to your toothpaste as a lot of people online seem to say that works well. I’ve not personally done it but you could try if u want.
Ok thanks for the tip. Lucky you that you don't have to get them polished and cleaned. I never had to when I was young.
CoffeeeAddict
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just been back from dentist getting my teeth cleaned and not look forward to going again. How can I reduce placque and make sure my teeth don't stain? I really can't stand their cleaning tools (more like a drill and metal scraping scythe). I cannot bear the pneumatic drill sounds.

I am thinking if I drink tea with a straw it won't stain my teeth as much. Will green and herbal teas stain my teeth? As for plaque what else can I do other than brushing twice a day, floss, mouthwash. Should I brush briefly after eating anything with carbs or sugars?
Brush twice a day. If you brush, use those tePe, floss and mouthwash; make that your routine. It's will take some time to get used to a longer routine though.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My teeth are usually clean/healthy coz I rarely eat sweet/chocolaty things and I mainly drink water only. If I ever do had fizzy drinks/juices I use a straw and make sure it don’t touch my teeth. That’s how fussy I am 😂. But it pays off
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t rinse the toothpaste off your teeth so wait like half an hour after brushing before mouthwash
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brush, floss and mouthwash. Make sure you are doing it properly- 2mins, don't rinse etc. Avoid whitening toothpaste because they often work by scraping away at your enamel which puts your teeth at more risk. Check any things like that carefully or ask your dentist to make sure they are ones that work well with your teeth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (139)
52.26%
No (127)
47.74%

Watched Threads