youfoundaclue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm approaching the halfway point for my 2nd year at Kent now and I'm really unhappy. I don't really have friends, I don't enjoy the course, and I feel like I'm just wasting time.

I don't know why I ended up on this course (I do music tech - would advise against it at Kent as it's on their gross Medway campus) as it was just a side interest of mine. Other unis I could transfer to ask for portfolios and such, and I'm not happy with anything that I could show them. I would drop out but the debt terrifies me and I would hate myself for quitting something like this.

I dream of leaving the UK and I feel like dropping out would make that impossible.

Sorry for the rant post but I'm just so lost at the moment.
Musa20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you’re a little exhausted! Try and use Xmas period to catch up with old friends and family if possible. Take a break from the course and the whole environment through the holidays. I am a musician, we can catch up on music topic if that can help.

I hope you feel better soon
youfoundaclue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Musa20)
Maybe you’re a little exhausted! Try and use Xmas period to catch up with old friends and family if possible. Take a break from the course and the whole environment through the holidays. I am a musician, we can catch up on music topic if that can help.

I hope you feel better soon
Thanks, I'll definitely see how I feel after the break before making any decisions.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by youfoundaclue)
I'm approaching the halfway point for my 2nd year at Kent now and I'm really unhappy. I don't really have friends, I don't enjoy the course, and I feel like I'm just wasting time.

I don't know why I ended up on this course (I do music tech - would advise against it at Kent as it's on their gross Medway campus) as it was just a side interest of mine. Other unis I could transfer to ask for portfolios and such, and I'm not happy with anything that I could show them. I would drop out but the debt terrifies me and I would hate myself for quitting something like this.

I dream of leaving the UK and I feel like dropping out would make that impossible.

Sorry for the rant post but I'm just so lost at the moment.
Hello,

Sorry to hear you aren't having a good time on your course.

If your course isn't what you expected you could always set up a chat with your tutors and student administration team to see if there are any details you can talk about that might help clear the air about any issues you have on the course.

In addition to this although you might not be happy with your portfolio it doesn't mean the other university won't be. You could contact the admissions team at that university and see if they could give you an idea of whether to apply or not before starting the process. I would imagine if you were to apply to another institution that you would need to repeat the second year, this tends to be the way.

You could always see about changing subject internally, once again you would need to repeat the year but if you really aren't enjoying the course then this might be a good route.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Last edited by Liverpool Hope University; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (94)
49.47%
No (96)
50.53%

Watched Threads