is rioting an option now? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Layne White
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
after the way the election went, is it now acceptable to start a riot?
HBaguette
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The law requires that I answer "no".
*ahem*
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:yawn:
Karisa96
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont really think that would change anything.
What has happened has happened and we cant change that?
So what is a riot going to achieve,?
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
Dont really think that would change anything.
What has happened has happened and we cant change that?
So what is a riot going to achieve,?

I'm just saying.
Karisa96
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HBaguette)

I'm just saying.
France has always been militant, our country is a totally different proposition.
username5083146
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They really think standing outside in the cold and rain shouting angrily is suddenly going to revoke the result of the general election and force Boris out of Downing street?
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that's just childish in my opinion, so no. it's an inconvenience to people as well.
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
that's just childish in my opinion, so no. it's an inconvenience to people as well.
Because god forbid people unhappy with their government do something about it. We can't risk disturbing my evening **** with all those rioters outside, no sir. Best to let the government do what it wants.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because god forbid people unhappy with their government do something about it. We can't risk disturbing my evening **** with all those rioters outside, no sir. Best to let the government do what it wants.
Do something about it means to campagin against the government during an election period and persuade people to vote for the alternative (Labour). That does not extend to having a little riot a few days after the G.E, that only damages the other side and makes you look bad.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i predict a tori

:rofl:

:hahaha: lusers
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
government was voted in by the majority of the public, therefore the ones rioting would be immature adults who seem to have difficulty accepting a loss and moving on. there's no need to have a fit on the streets just because the party you voted for didn't win, there's social media for that nonsense.
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Do something about it means to campagin against the government during an election period and persuade people to vote for the alternative (Labour). That does not extend to having a little riot a few days after the G.E, that only damages the other side and makes you look bad.
Right, so when I'm busy getting my **** kicked in by a bunch of tories for being who I am, I should remind myself to Vote! in 4 years. Good advice, that. Because we all saw how well that turned out this time.
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
government was voted in by the majority of the public, therefore the ones rioting would be immature adults who seem to have difficulty accepting a loss and moving on. there's no need to have a fit on the streets just because the party you voted for didn't win, there's social media for that nonsense.
You mean the party that lied in 88% of their ads? I'll happily riot against the human scum that proposed and passed Section 28.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right, so when I'm busy getting my **** kicked in by a bunch of tories for being who I am, I should remind myself to Vote! in 4 years. Good advice, that. Because we all saw how well that turned out this time.
If you are being pysically assulted for whatever reason you should go to the police. rioting does not solve that.

For one it does nothing to help your cause, it will only make people angry at you. Say somebody smashed in the window of your business or house because they don't like the result of the General Election, you have every right to be peeved at that person. Rioting can destroy people's livlihoods, for little matieral gain. Not to mention the police will clamp down fairy hard.
wewerekings
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Layne White)
after the way the election went, is it now acceptable to start a riot?
yes.
(Original post by Karisa96)
France has always been militant, our country is a totally different proposition.
oh what is this tedious media portrayal with biases. just throw milkshakes at tories already.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You mean the party that lied in 88% of their ads? I'll happily riot against the human scum that proposed and passed Section 28.
yeah well you riot within the walls of your home and on the internet, have fun.
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
If you are being pysically assulted for whatever reason you should go to the police. rioting does not solve that.

For one it does nothing to help your cause, it will only make people angry at you. Say somebody smashed in the window of your business or house because they don't like the result of the General Election, you have every right to be peeved at that person. Rioting can destroy people's livlihoods, for little matieral gain. Not to mention the police will clamp down fairy hard.
Nobody said rioting's for material gain. It's for political change. And, yes, you're right. It can damage livelihoods, if it isn't properly organized. If you've just got a group of people bricking whichever buildings they can, that isn't direct action, that's chavs being ********s.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No... you will be met by men on horseback. It will achieve nothing and I ride horses, well enough for riot control... don't put poor horsey through it all.
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why riot? If you're unhappy about the results of the election blame the masses for not agreeing with you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
28.51%
1 (40)
16.06%
2 (40)
16.06%
3 (35)
14.06%
4 (17)
6.83%
5 (20)
8.03%
6 (6)
2.41%
7+ (20)
8.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise