The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As a hetero girl I wouldn’t date a trans woman because I’m not attracted to women emotionally and I wouldn’t date a trans man because I’m not attracted to women physically. If there’s a physically transitioned trans man then we’ll find out if it ever happens aha
No, I wouldn't date a trans "girl"
Original post by Anonymous
Physically, no, there is little difference, but they are still women.

Another good point! Also lots of people would really like to get bottom surgery, but the results aren't satisfactory, the recovery time is too long/painful, the high risk of complications. There are plenty of reasons someone might not get surgery!

Respectfully this is just blatantly untrue, if there wasnt a huge difference between male and female bodies why would trans people put themselves through different surgeries and hormone therapy if it was only going to make a tiny difference.
Reply 63
Original post by CoolCavy
Sorry :lol: am just so used to lesbians being attacked in discussions like this if they dont want to date a pre bottom surgery trans person. Interestingly enough straight men are not harassed in the same way neither are gay men who dont want to date pre-op ftm people.
Trans people are valid and can live their lives as they please, they cannot help who they are the same way i cannot help being absolutely repulsed by male genitals and am fed up of this attacking of the L section of the acronym.

actually, we do get called transphobic for not wanting to date transboys, too. it's ****ing ridiculous. how am i supposed to be attracted to someone with a female body?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Wow, what a great foundation for a healthy relationship >.>

If I am attracted to them what else matters? As long as the object of my affection is over the age of consent. And human - which I do consider transpeople to be.
Original post by Ciel.
actually, we do get called transphobic for not wanting to date transboys, too. it's ****ing ridiculous. how am i supposed to be attracted to someone with a female body?

Not in the same way as lesbians do, society is fixated with trans women and women as a whole. I am sure some people would be keen to label me as a TERF just for not wanting to sleep with a pre-op trans women despite me regularly defending trans people and having a live and let live philosophy.
Exactly, it's ridiculous, the whole point of the LGBT community is the fact you cant help who you are or who you love.
Nope never
Original post by Ciel.

I’ve never seen a gay man being called transphobic for refusing to date a trans man but either way it is bloody ridiculous
Reply 68
Sorry :lol: am just so used to lesbians being attacked in discussions like this if they dont want to date a pre bottom surgery trans person. Interestingly enough straight men are not harassed in the same way neither are gay men who dont want to date pre-op ftm people.
Trans people are valid and can live their lives as they please, they cannot help who they are the same way i cannot help being absolutely repulsed by male genitals and am fed up of this attacking of the L section of the acronym.

What would you do if you were happily dating a female and then a couple of months down the line found out this person still had a penis [but identified as female]
Original post by Ciel.

I'm not having a go or anything but does The C0ck matter that much to you that you wouldn't be attracted to someone who appeared male in every other department? I mean, I would be attracted to someone who didn't have a bona fide vajeen, so it makes me wonder.
Original post by ANM775
What would you do if you were happily dating a female and then a couple of months down the line found out this person still had a penis [but identified as male]

First the bionic penis question yesterday and now this, what is your obsession with my dating preferences :lol:
If they identified as a male i wouldnt be dating them in the first place
Reply 71
First the bionic penis question yesterday and now this, what is your obsession with my dating preferences :lol:
If they identified as a male i wouldnt be dating them in the first place

the bolded bit i edited about 20 seconds after I posted it, as i typo'd. you must of missed it.
Reply 72
Not in the same way as lesbians do, society is fixated with trans women and women as a whole. I am sure some people would be keen to label me as a TERF just for not wanting to sleep with a pre-op trans women despite me regularly defending trans people and having a live and let live philosophy.
Exactly, it's ridiculous, the whole point of the LGBT community is the fact you cant help who you are or who you love.

ugh, our community is defo heading in the wrong direction.

believe me, it happens. like some of them even use the term 'cis guy' as an insult. and say stuff like "oh cis gay guys are even more transphobic than straight guys because they refuse to have sex with us." lmao, i wonder why.......
Original post by ANM775
the bolded bit i edited about 20 seconds after I posted it, as i typo'd. you must of missed it.

I dont know what i would do, it is unlikely i wouldnt know they were trans by that point due to trans people having to take pills/injections etc and i would hope they would be upfront anyway just like i would be upfront with them about my medical conditions that could affect a relationship
That is as far as i am willing to go and i would appreciate it if you were to stop asking me intrusive questions on threads :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I'm not having a go or anything but does The C0ck matter that much to you that you wouldn't be attracted to someone who appeared male in every other department? I mean, I would be attracted to someone who didn't have a bona fide vajeen, so it makes me wonder.

sorry, but yes. i mean, i might find them cute, but i wouldn't be sexually attracted to them. i can't imagine what it would be like to have sex with someone without a ****, and i don't want to, lol. like.... pussies. no. just no.
Original post by HBaguette
Well, yeah, but I think a big part of the issue is trying to fit everything into categories and labels. F*ck that. Gender's a construct, so is sexuality. You are who you are, call it whatever you want.

I’m a pig, now bow down to me
Original post by Anonymous__02
Not while there’s oxygen in my lungs

I knew this thread was going to be a car crash
This thread is ridiculous, it’s a simple question no need for tangents. Haven’t been active on here for a couple of weeks and forgot how often people deviate
Respectfully this is just blatantly untrue, if there wasnt a huge difference between male and female bodies why would trans people put themselves through different surgeries and hormone therapy if it was only going to make a tiny difference.

I meant that there's little difference between pre-medical transition trans women and cis men-sorry if that wasn't clear.

Original post by Ciel.

You're not transphobic for not wanting to date trans men. Most people couldn't care less BUT it is important to acknowledge that gay men who date trans men are still gay.

Original post by Ciel.
believe me, it happens. like some of them even use the term 'cis guy' as an insult. and say stuff like "oh cis gay guys are even more transphobic than straight guys because they refuse to have sex with us." lmao, i wonder why.......

Cis guy isn't an insult, it literally just means 'not trans guy'. People with this kind of attitude often just spend too much time on tumblr inventing new genders and pronouns (emoji pronouns-I kid you not).
Original post by Ciel.
ugh, our community is defo heading in the wrong direction.

If we were really transphobic we’d be going around murdering and beating up trans people as unfortunately still happens. They get mad at the wrong people

Latest

Trending

Trending