The Student Room Group

Worth getting a Computer science degree 2020???

Is it worth getting a comp sci degree in 2020 ? I was told that jobs are taken up by India? Also how long after a CS degree is not valuable?

Thanks...i enjoy comp sci and electronic eng..not sure which to do ..could do a joint degree in Electronic engineering with computer sci? Is that difficult???
Reply 1
Original post by -hhs-
Is it worth getting a comp sci degree in 2020 ? I was told that jobs are taken up by India? Also how long after a CS degree is not valuable?

Thanks...i enjoy comp sci and electronic eng..not sure which to do ..could do a joint degree in Electronic engineering with computer sci? Is that difficult???

What exactly do you want to achieve after getting a CS degree, and where do you want to work afterwards?
Original post by kkboyk
What exactly do you want to achieve after getting a CS degree, and where do you want to work afterwards?

I wouldnt mind being a developer or sware engineer as i enjoy programming...however i do enjoy hands on work and working with hware, hence im considering the Electronic eng and comp sci degree (a combined degree)...as for where i would want to work..perhaps in the automotive industry with electrical cars and such
Reply 3
Original post by -hhs-
I wouldnt mind being a developer or sware engineer as i enjoy programming...however i do enjoy hands on work and working with hware, hence im considering the Electronic eng and comp sci degree (a combined degree)...as for where i would want to work..perhaps in the automotive industry with electrical cars and such

Ok so how do expect to fill a technical role in automotive industry with a CS degree? Have you looked at entry level roles within the industry and read their requirements? You dont need a particular degree to become a software dev or engineer, so you can do an engineering degree if you enjoy that more and apply for jobs in software dev if that's truly if you want to do. Your biggest worries once you've chosen a degree is finding work experience to make yourself employable. Nobody is going to hire you just for having a degree alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending