Is 6 years too big of an age gap ???? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and haven't thought about our age gap but now he's soon gonna be 30 and i'm 24 is this too big of an age gap? does it sound bad?
IH8Studying
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me it is. I wouldn’t even date someone a year younger than me
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's completely fine. Don't give a sh;t about what others think, it's your life you're living.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and haven't thought about our age gap but now he's soon gonna be 30 and i'm 24 is this too big of an age gap? does it sound bad?
bit late in the day to be asking this now i think, you've been dating a year and are presumably in love and not in a casual relationship.

if everyone says yes the age gap is too big you're not exactly going to split up with him are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
bit late in the day to be asking this now i think, you've been dating a year and are presumably in love and not in a casual relationship.

if everyone says yes the age gap is too big you're not exactly going to split up with him are you?
No, I won't but I wanted societies opinion to weather it's normal or not that's all
ur gay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
where is it illegal to have an age gap of 5 years+??
if a girl is 12 and boy is 18 then he will jail. If a girl is 12 and boy is 17 then it isnt jail. so its 5 years
tacobeth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elzon)
And how do you go about reducing your partners age?
you put them in cryo for a year and hope for the best 😂
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No, I won't but I wanted societies opinion to weather it's normal or not that's all
Most people seem to agree with the half your age +7 rule.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's not a big age gap.
When I was 16, I was dating a guy in his 50s.
I only date older guys, usually with a 15 year + age gap.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bad in what sense?

Some people prefer older partners and others prefer younger/same age. It's up to each person individually although it's clear you've already decided so I am not sure what's the issue now.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uhm no? I think the highest is a 10 year age gap. No higher than that. Ur fine in the name of love
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No, it's not a big age gap.
When I was 16, I was dating a guy in his 50s.
I only date older guys, usually with a 15 year + age gap.
Out of curiosity, how did your friends and family respond to that?
Neilos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
24 and 29 (nearly 30) is entirely normal. An 'age gap' like that wouldn't even cross my mind.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rofl... what was that joke? Let me think... took my wife for an anniversary meal and people started to comment about our age gap. How did it finish? Ah... yes, coming back to me. I replied my wife is 20 and I am 43... is that so hard to accept? Hmm... suppose not... is this your first anniversary? No... our 10th!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
Out of curiosity, how did your friends and family respond to that?
My friends were all fine with it, several friends from school had arranged marriages as teenagers.
When I dumped the guy, he started dating my friend and they got married two years later when she was 19.

My father wouldn't have minded if he'd known, he's decades older than my mother.
But my mother wouldn't have approved; she's from an ultra traditionalist catholic family.
She and her mother support the abstinence movement.
Ochiejoshiedavid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello there,like what you've written.You've been with him for a year now.No relationship is perfect or easy no matter what your age difference or same age.Just for the fact that you are with him for a year,it is not really a thing to focus or think about Most of the time it is acceptable that men are older than women in their relationship.It is an advantage that they are mature.Focus on what is good and a blessing in your relationship because for me age gap for 1-so many years will be the issue in the long ran.It is how both of you as an individual see and treat each other.Prayer in your relationship and Lord in the center of it beats anything.Take care and God guide you both.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What? Ask around. Lots of people have parents where the age gap is wider!. And age does not necessarily equal maturity! If you are happy, forget what people think!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ur gay)
if a girl is 12 and boy is 18 then he will jail. If a girl is 12 and boy is 17 then it isnt jail. so its 5 years
Source?

OP, the gap is fine
ProbablyPallas
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 18, fiancé is 28. It's not about age it's about maturity and how much the relationship works.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
8.93%
They've been reasonable (38)
33.93%
Not feeling great... (34)
30.36%
They are TERRIBLE! (30)
26.79%

Watched Threads