Whats the maths content like in a level physics?Watch
- there's a lot of rearranging of equations so hopefully your basic algebra is good
- having an understanding of calculus makes certain topics more intuitive, such as capacitance and gravitational fields
- you have to use logarithms in topics on radioactivity
- there is overlap with the mechanics content in A-level maths with moments and projectile motion. That kind of just boils down to rearranging equations again though.
- when it comes to uni courses, anything that requires physics is probably also going to require maths
I'm not going to assign a percentage here of maths content in physics because it's a bit disingenuous to assume that you can get by solely on your maths ability. If you want to earn lots of marks you have to learn what the mark schemes are looking for, 'merely' understanding the content isn't sufficient.