The Student Room Group

Do universities accept people who dont have the required entry requirements?

Hi so I have a question.

How likely is it for a University to accept someone who doesnt have the required entry requirements eg. Someone got CCC for a BBC course? Is it a rare thing?
Reply 1
WhIrk01,
It depends on so many factors. What are you looking to study and where, what kind of student were you at school (can you get good UCAS references?).
You can go through clearing or (my choice) do a Foundation Year which in my opinion gives you an excellent head start for First Year.
Discuss it with application teams, there will be a way in somehow even if you have to take a longer route like I did.
Most universities dont fill their places so accept students on results day who have marginally missed their grades. If you apply it is likely they will make you an offer the higher standard grade but accept a lower grade on results day. It is dependant on whether the university has been able to fill their places. If they have they will reject you but in practice most universities at that level wont fill their places.
Original post by whlrk01
Hi so I have a question.

How likely is it for a University to accept someone who doesnt have the required entry requirements eg. Someone got CCC for a BBC course? Is it a rare thing?

Hi @whlrk01

The answer really comes down to your overall application. If your academic results are slightly below the entry requirements, having a strong personal statement, having a part-time job, holding qualifications such as the DofE award etc. can really help an applicant get an offer.

Hope this helps
Dom :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending