Just a lonely vent tbh (Also how do i meet new people who aren't like brick walls) Watch

Shadman9130
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's been a pretty lonely 6 months or so. It started when i broke up with my ex (because it was toxic). I started hanging out with people a lot more because i was cut off from them, but i realised that my friends weren't all that friendly.

They only really wanted me around for convenience or weed, which was extremely saddening and it hurt a lot. I've got them out of my life now. I've got a couple of good friends but i'd like to meet more people to chill with.

The problem is, is that people don't seem to be interested in talking or any of that. I've tried speaking to people at work and making friends with them but they all seem disinterested in any kind of conversation.

The same is the case for dating websites too, i've tried them but nobody seems capable of a conversation. It's annoying because guys are expected to carry the conversation, yet when i try to carry a conversation they all seem disinterested. It sucks because i've got decent social skills, albiet a bit anxious but i can still talk to people. It's just lonely in all honesty, when i try to make the effort and nobody else seems to do the same.

I'm not dependant on people to be happy, but it sure as hell would be nice. I just want some more friends and possibly another relationship. It seems like i've got no problem getting laid,but getting a partner is another story.
Aliciagoodall18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I know what you mean it sucks! but I’m up for making friends! I would love To! Life may be lovely without certain people but surely it’s better than having people who are half there. If you want talk just message me, I’m actually good at keeping conversations going lol I think
Shadman9130
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Aliciagoodall18)
Hey, I know what you mean it sucks! but I’m up for making friends! I would love To! Life may be lovely without certain people but surely it’s better than having people who are half there. If you want talk just message me, I’m actually good at keeping conversations going lol I think
That seems like a good idea. Thank you so much. I've sent you a message by the way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (67)
27.57%
1 (40)
16.46%
2 (40)
16.46%
3 (34)
13.99%
4 (16)
6.58%
5 (20)
8.23%