30 year old male talking to a 16 year old?? HELP Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So after being at my new job for a few months I have gotten to know all the staff there. But recently I found myself only getting along with a 30 year old man. We laugh and joke around and he makes work 10x more enjoyable. But we’ve started talking on text EVERY day after work, nothing too inappropriate. Other than I’ve been asked to visit his pets at his place and I’ve been asked to go for dinner and cinema with him. Is this weird ?? Should I go?? I don’t know what to do about the situation as I don’t want it to get awkward at work.
dancehead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah the old check out my dog or cat line. But seriously. If you like him as a friend go to dinner but make it clear that is all it is - friendship. If you are not happy with that, then don't go simple as, turn him down. Do you think you would actually have relationship with this guy>?
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So after being at my new job for a few months I have gotten to know all the staff there. But recently I found myself only getting along with a 30 year old man. We laugh and joke around and he makes work 10x more enjoyable. But we’ve started talking on text EVERY day after work, nothing too inappropriate. Other than I’ve been asked to visit his pets at his place and I’ve been asked to go for dinner and cinema with him. Is this weird ?? Should I go?? I don’t know what to do about the situation as I don’t want it to get awkward at work.
it is weird and he's probably a closet pedo. don't go.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dancehead)
Ah the old check out my dog or cat line. But seriously. If you like him as a friend go to dinner but make it clear that is all it is - friendship. If you are not happy with that, then don't go simple as, turn him down. Do you think you would actually have relationship with this guy>?
Yeah I thought that the pet line was dodgy, I’m just confused to what his intentions are. He is very friendly and flirty, but don’t know whether I’m overthinking?? But the thing is..if he was younger I’d 100% go for it (romantically) !
dancehead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
You don't know that. You are making unfair assumptions
JustJakkob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's a bit weird seeing as you were only 15 less than a year ago and hence under-age.

Depending on whether you look advanced for your age like a 21 year old or whether you look like a 12 year old, this could tell you if he is a pedo or not.

Where are your parents? How old are they?

No you should not go. Wait until you're 18 then you can do what you like. He sounds like a perv and should know better.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ciel.)
Really, do you think so??
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think it's a bit weird that he's asked you to visit him at his place and to go for dinner and cinema with him - that's basically a romantic date. You can get along well with colleagues at work but to extend it outside of office hours is...strange. He is aware that you are 16, right?
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't know that. You are making unfair assumptions
i don't particularly care what you think.

Really, do you think so??
yup. guys like him will go for 16 year olds because they are legal, ugh. no normal man his age would want a relationship with a 16 year old.
Anonymous #1
I think it's a bit weird that he's asked you to visit him at his place and to go for dinner and cinema with him - that's basically a romantic date. You can get along well with colleagues at work but to extend it outside of office hours is...strange. He is aware that you are 16, right?
Yeah I thought it was weird too, but the more he’s spoken the more he’s kind of normalised it to me!! Which is worrying me because i was aware of how weird it was! Yes he does know my age.
Charlie101998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally, I think this is weird. This is a massive gap in age and for him to ask you to go out, not just in a public place alone, but in his private home sets off all kinds of warning signals.
dancehead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JustJakkob)
It's a bit weird seeing as you were only 15 less than a year ago and hence under-age.

Depending on whether you look advanced for your age like a 21 year old or whether you look like a 12 year old, this could tell you if he is a pedo or not.

No you should not go. Wait until you're 18 then you can do what you like. He sounds like a perv and should know better.
For goodness sake. She's 16 now and not under age. As for the rest of this post, shes 16 and an adult who is not at school but at work - treat her like one. You seem to be gloating at the juicy suggestion that the guy could be some sort of perv when you know nothing of the sort. It seems to fit some sick fantasy of some people on forums.
Last edited by dancehead; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustJakkob)

I do often get away as passing as 18, so to him I probably look older however he does still know my age! The weird thing is, it turns out he knows my parents from a few years back! I’ve just got a feeling he’s being clever about it all, which is worrying me!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I thought it was weird too, but the more he’s spoken the more he’s kind of normalised it to me!! Which is worrying me because i was aware of how weird it was! Yes he does know my age.
I can't see why a 30 year old man would pursue a girl he knows is only 16 years old. Sorry that you've been placed in this difficult situation because men tend to handle rejection badly. Just tell him that you would rather just stay friends at work. If he starts making the workplace more uncomfortable for you as a result then quit.
JustJakkob
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For goodness sake. She's 16 now and not under age. As for the rest of this post, shes 16 and an adult who is not at school but at work - treat her like one
At 16 you can't drink or drive or vote or get married without permission. So not really much of an adult. All it means is if she has sex with an older man he won't go to jail for being a pedo in the UK, but would go to jail if this happened in the USA.
Last edited by JustJakkob; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Charlie101998)
Personally, I think this is weird. This is a massive gap in age and for him to ask you to go out, not just in a public place alone, but in his private home sets off all kinds of warning signals.
Yeah exactly what I thought!! Do you reckon I should mention it at work?? I feel like it’s gonna be very awkward there now.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I do often get away as passing as 18, so to him I probably look older however he does still know my age! The weird thing is, it turns out he knows my parents from a few years back! I’ve just got a feeling he’s being clever about it all, which is worrying me!
Definitely tell your parents.
Anonymous #1
For goodness sake. She's 16 now and not under age. As for the rest of this post, shes 16 and an adult who is not at school but at work - treat her like one. You seem to be gloating at the juicy suggestion that the guy could be some sort of perv when you know nothing of the sort. It seems to fit some sick fantasy of some people on forums.
Do you think it’s normal then?? Should I not be worried??
Charlie101998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah exactly what I thought!! Do you reckon I should mention it at work?? I feel like it’s gonna be very awkward there now.
Start off by politely declining and tell him why. If he has any sense of morals or decency, he will leave it at that. However, if you feel endangered or uncomfortable, or he doesn't stop, then I highly recommend that you talk to HR.
JustJakkob
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just out of interest. How do you not know this is weird? Do you have special needs. Serious question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%