This new Full time work i hate it. Watch

FalloutZappy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Full time work: So here's my experience as a young 20 year old, i studied college for 4 years within the public services. I enjoyed it learning about the police and the forces with it inspiring me to apply for the police. But my 3rd year it was hell due to college merger and everyone on my course hating it. It was affected all over.

Since, i was 18 i got my door license for money of course and experience. At first i hated it but then i loved it weirdly enough. From my third year in college i applied to do static guarding contracted to the university the shifts were terrible 5am gatehouse for an hour and then spend a couple hours unlocking and sit down at reception until 9am. Go home do it again from 5pm to 8pm 35hrs a week. Then i jacked it in after 6 weeks no sleep i asked for better hours wasn't my thing.

The firms i work for currently festivals and nightclubs are fantastic and supportive aside from being left on my own twice because people cancelled(bad i know). Ever since i have left education i could have gone university but figured i'll probably get sick of it, i have considered joining the police loads of times but never had the confidence to do so(bare with me).

So i apply for this security firm they make it sound very strict i know, the job description sounds great relief etc full time.

What a pack of lies, the training was rushed anyone could pass it, didn't have no clue what was being explained.After that okay good passed that and the other test, then came to the 10 hours on job training it was done in two days. The people were friendly very rush and wherehouse labour all you do is sit and watch and get a taster i hear moral is very low and issues with management from everyone. I did enjoy it but then when i had my exam to qualify it was terrible most the stuff you where expected to find(even though the job says no experience is accepted) it was like a theory but 10x worse. Got told the answers because the stuff on the exam was never covered and how it was ran officially, i can't blame the people. Even with no experience it was like wow this sucked. Trust me this test must have been written up by a muppet because no one can understand it.

After on the third day of my shift i was thrown in the deep end sit to scan through items, it was fast pace noisy and the staff were lovely people they all said the same issues with how everything is ran. No one wants to do that role because the hours were unsociable expect to not sleep proper on some days. I felt like it wasn't for me i felt with this company way it's handled and a lack of career prospect it ain't for me.

Am going to speak to my manager to either leave after recently doing my door job i enjoy that but i did speak to some trusted people and will consider joining the police. But mentally i can't handle this new full time job. I have learned to not let people walk over you. I want a rewarding career and job.

I know people say give a chance oh your lucky, but the security industry isn't all happy and gloomy.My advice get a door license for experience and join a proper government firm like HM Prisons, Border force, Army or Police with something. I don't mind waiting for police applications to open but am willing to continue to work on the doors and festivals for money.While living at home still.
Last edited by FalloutZappy; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On the plus side- you are working full time, able to save some money and establishing a continuous employment history.
Free of large student loans and massive credit card debt
You would probably hate unemployment even more.
FalloutZappy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
On the plus side- you are working full time, able to save some money and establishing a continuous employment history.
Free of large student loans and massive credit card debt
You would probably hate unemployment even more.
Personally, i can't see myself having a career with this company.But yet again everyone hates this company world wide. I still have my self employed shifts lined up that i actually enjoy that even if i don't make £400 a week i can still make 200 roughly.

After leaving higher education it's hard to find something to enjoy for any young 20 year olds, yeah am lucky to not have student debt but yet again am willing to wait until my local police force opens there PCSO or Police staff application up. This week am gonna sit face to face and inform my manager of my choice, i don't care it will help with my sanity and my desire to join a decent job role. Even if it's the Police,ambulance or Prison.
Last edited by FalloutZappy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
8.85%
They've been reasonable (38)
33.63%
Not feeling great... (34)
30.09%
They are TERRIBLE! (31)
27.43%

Watched Threads