The Student Room Group

Career prospects in investment banking and consulting

Which university business school would be better for an MSc program according to career prospects in consulting or Investment Banking: Leeds, Nottingham or Birmingham?
Reply 1
Nottingham, simply due personal perception of prestige/representation I have seen at banks' networking events.
Reply 2
Are you sure as Nottingham is not even in Top 100 FT rankings and doesn't have triple accreditation?
Reply 3
Original post by jay_666
Nottingham, simply due personal perception of prestige/representation I have seen at banks' networking events.

Are you sure about Nottingham? As it has not featured in FT rankings top 100 this year but Leeds is featured and Leeds also has triple crown accreditations. Don't you think Leeds would be better than Notts?
Reply 4
Yearly rankings don't really matter and you have no idea what metrics some of these sites use to arrive at them, Nottingham is significantly ahead of Leeds by employer reputation.
Reply 5
Original post by Sirk
Yearly rankings don't really matter and you have no idea what metrics some of these sites use to arrive at them, Nottingham is significantly ahead of Leeds by employer reputation.

Completely agree. Both of them have active finance societies, but the Notts one has many more independent firm events (i.e. not careers fair) which can be really helpful too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending