Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I already have an offer for biological sciences, do you think there would be an opportunity for me to defer my entry until next year? Providing i get the grades in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    You can only ask...

ReputationRep:
    Yea ive emailed them, I just wanted to know if anyone has done anything similar! I'm impatient you see :P

ReputationRep:
    Deferring is pretty much taking a gap year right? So long as you have good reason to and tell them you'll be doing something important in that time you should be fine. I read that they don't mind you taking gap years for maths so long as you keep up with work, and usually maths isn't one you want to be taking a gap in (but you do get a test in the first week so maybe that helps determine if you've kept up wiht work). They may be interested as to why you want to defer, but I'd be surprised if they just said no.

ReputationRep:
    I did something similar last year. After having got my results (you may want to wait to make it less complicated, although tentatively inquiring beforehand won't hurt) I just sent them an e-mail outlining my reasons for wanting to defer, and asking if it was a possibility. They were more than happy to oblige.

You may not get a definitive answer until you've got your results, but the option certainly isn't out of the question. If you want any more details/advice about how to go about it etc. just PM me. Oh and hey fellow Cheshire peep. :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.