sujith_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Are there any Indian students trying for Sept 2020 intake in UK?

If so, I'd love to chat with you and get some inputs.

Regards,
A confused kid in an adult body xD
tb270387
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sujith_)

Regards,
Hello Sujith, I am in the process of my application for Sept 2020 entry. Not sure If I can be of any help but shoot your question.Thanks
sujith_
Rep:
?
(Original post by tb270387)
Hello Sujith, I am in the process of my application for Sept 2020 entry. Not sure If I can be of any help but shoot your question.Thanks
Hi tb27,

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me which course you're applying for and the universities?
Also if you could, please include why you chose those univs.
tb270387
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi tb27,

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me which course you're applying for and the universities?
Also if you could, please include why you chose those univs.
I am looking at Msc Actuarial Science at Kent, Cass, and Heriot-Watt. They are the top choices for obvious reasons because of teaching quality, exam exemptions. Cass is expensive so I am also considering between Kent and Heriot watt.

What courses you are looking at?
sujith_
Rep:
?
I am looking at Msc Actuarial Science at Kent, Cass, and Heriot-Watt. They are the top choices for obvious reasons because of teaching quality, exam exemptions. Cass is expensive so I am also considering between Kent and Heriot watt.

I'm opting for MSc in Cyber Security or Data Science. I prefer the former though. So complied my univ list with that in mind.
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

Hi there!
So pleased to hear you're considering applying to Kent I'm one of the official reps for Kent here on TSR so if you have any questions about life at Kent at all then please feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help where I can
Best of luck with your applications!
Nam_109
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Regards,
Hi Sujith,
I have received an offer from Royal Holloway for Data Science. Which unis you looking at?
sujith_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nam_109)
Hi Sujith,
I have received an offer from Royal Holloway for Data Science. Which unis you looking at?
Hi Nam,
I've been offered by Lancaster University, York and Birmingham! Gotta choose b/w these 3!
sashankps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Sujith,
I got an offer from UCL
Im going to attend UCL from September 2020.
My program is Masters in Architecture.
Ranjib
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Folks, I have an admit for ms in AI from Queen's Mary. Aside from education, how the changes in tier iv visas would affect us. Will the companies be a bit lenient now for job interviews, post-masters? Will it be a safe choice to choose the UK as a master's destination ahead of Ireland or other European countries?
sujith_
Rep:
?
(Original post by sashankps)
Hey Sujith,
I got an offer from UCL
Im going to attend UCL from September 2020.
My program is Masters in Architecture.
Hey Sashank,
That's awesome! It's a really great univ to study in.
Did you figure out your accommodation and stuff?
sujith_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ranjib)
Hey Folks, I have an admit for ms in AI from Queen's Mary. Aside from education, how the changes in tier iv visas would affect us. Will the companies be a bit lenient now for job interviews, post-masters? Will it be a safe choice to choose the UK as a master's destination ahead of Ireland or other European countries?
Yes, the whole employing dynamic of UK will change. Previously, for a tier 2 visa, one must earn a minimum of £ 30,000.
But now it's been bought down to 23,000. Similarly there are many changes which creates a positive impact on their new immigration rules.
And the benefits are good especially for Asian Students xD
Ranjib
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, the whole employing dynamic of UK will change. Previously, for a tier 2 visa, one must earn a minimum of £ 30,000.
But now it's been bought down to 23,000. Similarly there are many changes which creates a positive impact on their new immigration rules.
Let's hope for the best. :P
sujith_
Rep:
?
Hahha, yeah! Were you aware of the fact that your University is a member of Russel group before/after applying?
Ranjib
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hahha, yeah! Were you aware of the fact that your University is a member of Russel group before/after applying?
Yes, Studying from a university which comes under Russell Group, any perks/advantages?
sujith_
Rep:
?

Yes, Studying from a university which comes under Russell Group, any perks/advantages?
The allegation is that, the group offers better employability and standard in terms of education and research!
And the professors they hire are from different nationality which makes them have an different culture bubble!
Ranjib
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The allegation is that, the group offers better employability and standard in terms of education and research!
And the professors they hire are from different nationality which makes them have an different culture bubble!
What's your opinion about Ms in Advanced Computer Science from Newcastle? I have read good reviews about the Computer Science department of Newcastle.
Newcastle is also a part of Russell group.
sujith_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What's your opinion about Ms in Advanced Computer Science from Newcastle? I have read good reviews about the Computer Science department of Newcastle.
Newcastle is also a part of Russell group.
To my knowledge and research,
The russel group is just a fancy name used to get huge funds for the universities!
Except oxbridge, most of the universities are fairly okay-ish in terms of ranking.
And New castle is good. I've heard good things about it.
Ranjib
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To my knowledge and research,
The russel group is just a fancy name used to get huge funds for the universities!
Except oxbridge, most of the universities are fairly okay-ish in terms of ranking.
And New castle is good. I've heard good things about it.
So you are going to Lancaster? I will receive a decision from Lancaster and Sheffield shortly.
Now I have to choose between QMUL, Newcastle, Lancaster(if i am making through), Sheffield(if i am making through)
Any suggestions?
sujith_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So you are going to Lancaster? I will receive a decision from Lancaster and Sheffield shortly.
Now I have to choose between QMUL, Newcastle, Lancaster(if i am making through), Sheffield(if i am making through)
Any suggestions?
Yes, I'm going to Lancaster! It was a tough decision to make. But i've finally decided xD
Do come to lancaster if you get through xD
I'd have someone as a friend then xD
Last edited by sujith_; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (160)
53.33%
No, they should still go ahead (45)
15%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (95)
31.67%

Watched Threads