The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee university

Hi,
So I’ve applied to study liberal arts at Dundee in the hopes of studying international business and french but I’m just concerned on what life in Dundee is like more specifically the nightlife.
Also I heard Dundee is a bit of a racist area can anyone confirm or deny this ?
This is a bit of a biased opinion so not sure if it’ll help - but I visited Dundee for an open day months ago and was really unsettled. There were lots of fliers such as ‘horror as pregnant woman stabbed’ and ‘Dundee taxi brawl ends in death’ and when I brought it up to a student they said that was a common thing. I’m not at all clued up on racism but it didn’t seem very diverse when I visited.

But saying all this I had a horrible time in Dundee so I could just be very biased - hopefully someone will be able to give you some help who knows more!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Hello, I am not British, and I’ve lived in Dundee for 3 and half years now. I would say Dundee is a great city to live, if you don’t get yourself in trouble. A lot of people in the news got themselves in trouble and then Dundee is seen as a very criminal city, which I haven’t really experienced. I haven’t gotten any racist comments for the period I’ve lived in Dundee, bare in mind people can easily recognise that I’m not local. I am also hoping to study in Dundee next year. In opinion Dundee is very nice city in terms of living cost and it’s not that big which I like. I don’t go out, but in my opinion Dundee isn’t too bad for nightlife.
Sorry if this seems biased, but it’s just my own opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest