A level mock revision advice

Watch this thread
chem.queenp
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So looking for someone who has done a levels (preferably my subjects - Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths) to hopefully advise me on how to structure my revision if that makes sense ? So I have a nearly three week break starting next Wednesday for Christmas and I have no clue how I should space my time out for my four subjects . (I.e is it more effective to spend say 5 days on Biology then 5 days maths and so on ). Or should I do an hour each day for each subject ?? Someone plzzz help!
Last edited by chem.queenp; 2 years ago
Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chem.queenp)
So looking for someone who has done a levels (preferably my subjects - Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths) to hopefully advise me on how to structure my revision if that makes sense ? So I have a nearly three week break starting next Wednesday for Christmas and I have no clue how I should space my time out for my four subjects . (I.e is it more effective to spend say 5 days on Biology then 5 days maths and so on ). Or should I do an hour each day for each subject ?? Someone plzzz help!
Are you in Year 12 or Year 13?
I am in Year 13 and can help
chem.queenp
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Are you in Year 12 or Year 13?
I am in Year 13 and can help
Year 12 !!
Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Year 12 !!
And what are you aspiring to become (doctor ? engineer?)- I can give advice accordingly. Also tell me which exam boards you are doing to
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Answering your question, you should definitely mix it up here and there. You don't want to be studying the same subjects for long periods of time. I'd say, on days which you study, work on every single subject. With Maths, to be honest you could just lump the two together once you get to second year. In first year you'll want to work on the two separately but once you get to second year, you'll be revising a lot of single when you revise further. So change your revision plans accordingly.
As for revising itself: for biology you should revise content then do past paper questions; for chemistry its a similar process and for maths you want to just do a wide range of questions from different topics you've learnt so far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads