The Student Room Group

Friend getting cocky in my own house

Me and my friend went out to get lunch and just hang out. Anyway we went to eat in my bedroom, then he kept telling me what to do in my own house saying like "hoover up you tramp" refering to me, "he was saying go and get a drinks" which is not that bad. He said other stuff like "you lazy i need to get a job" because he asked where my famliy were so i said "they are out shopping or something" so he said "they are working unlike me" so he said about the job thing. He said tons of stuff he even tried physically draging me saying "come clean up". He wasted all ny GTA 5 money and got my favourite car destroyyed i tried to tell him but he said "i dont care" and laughed. When were eating the food i went to get my drink and came back to my room but he was lying on my bed so i tried to sit down he was saying "sit on a chair no room on tge bed".

I dont know why hes getting rude and arrogant with me in my own house, im not really allowed friends at my house but i thought he would respect it. If anyone should be getting rude it should be me because its my house but even I wouldnt. The way he was acting was pathetic considering my famliy wanted privacy on a saturday afternoom and i took the blame. The guy wasnt even talking to me ffs he was just busy destorying my cars on gta 5.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Me and my friend went out to get lunch and just hang out. Anyway we went to eat in my bedroom, then he kept telling me what to do in my own house saying like "hoover up you tramp" refering to me, "he was saying go and get a drinks" which is not that bad. He said other stuff like "you lazy i need to get a job" because he asked where my famliy were so i said "they are out shopping or something" so he said "they are working unlike me" so he said about the job thing. He said tons of stuff he even tried physically draging me saying "come clean up". He wasted all ny GTA 5 money and got my favourite car destroyyed i tried to tell him but he said "i dont care" and laughed. When were eating the food i went to get my drink and came back to my room but he was lying on my bed so i tried to sit down he was saying "sit on a chair no room on tge bed".

I dont know why hes getting rude and arrogant with me in my own house, im not really allowed friends at my house but i thought he would respect it. If anyone should be getting rude it should be me because its my house but even I wouldnt. The way he was acting was pathetic considering my famliy wanted privacy on a saturday afternoom and i took the blame. The guy wasnt even talking to me ffs he was just busy destorying my cars on gta 5.

His not your friend. Cut him off. His disrespectful, rude, undermining and controlling. Real friends dont do that. It's time you stood up to this low life and show him the door!
I'd have told him to leave pretty early on during his visit.

Do not invite him to you home again. Not until he has learnt some manners. Which will probably be in about 10 years time.
Reply 3
Original post by jfbristol1
His not your friend. Cut him off. His disrespectful, rude, undermining and controlling. Real friends dont do that. It's time you stood up to this low life and show him the door!

I know it kind of made me feel dow because Ive supported him when he was getting beef from our other mates i supported because he talk to these people who we hate so i stuck up for him saying he should be allowed to talk to them. Ive done done nothing but support him apart from for his birthday meal I ran home because number 1 i was full number 2 it was last year but a thats nothing he kept making a big thing out of it.

Original post by Dunnig Kruger

Do not invite him to you home again. Not until he has learnt some manners. Which will probably be in about 10 years time.

I tried to tell him hes being a bit rude and he jus proceeded to lie on my bed and apprently say i was the rude one because hes the visitor.

Good. Just ignore him of he trots to talk to ou. Block his numbers and delete him. He ain't worth your time.
Reply 5
Original post by jfbristol1
Good. Just ignore him of he trots to talk to ou. Block his numbers and delete him. He ain't worth your time.

I probably will
I probably will

You need to. You cant alow anyone treat you like your nothing in your own home. If that's how he is with you, that's how he is with everyone including his family. He has no self respect and it shows.

I tried to tell him hes being a bit rude and he jus proceeded to lie on my bed and apprently say i was the rude one because hes the visitor.

I'd have said either "My house. My rules." or have told him something extremely blunt and to the point and involving quite a few four letter words.

This was a battle for control. For psychological ascendancy.

Sometimes you have to be assertive.

Treat this as a learning experience. In future always enforce the "My house, my rules." policy when having visitors round.
Whilst when you are the visitor respect the rules of their home - which I get the impression you do very well already anyway.
Reply 8
I'd have said either "My house. My rules." or have told him something extremely blunt and to the point and involving quite a few four letter words.

This was a battle for control. For psychological ascendancy.

Sometimes you have to be assertive.

Treat this as a learning experience. In future always enforce the "My house, my rules." policy when having visitors round.
Whilst when you are the visitor respect the rules of their home - which I get the impression you do very well already anyway.

I know the time when i went to his house i respected his and his famliy rules. He said shoes off which I did , he said be tidy which i did and i did everything. I did want my room clean but if i tried to tell him hell go mad and make it into a massive argument thats another thing he does that seperate from all this.
I know the time when i went to his house i respected his and his famliy rules. He said shoes off which I did , he said be tidy which i did and i did everything. I did want my room clean but if i tried to tell him hell go mad and make it into a massive argument thats another thing he does that seperate from all this.

You have done nothing wrong here. He has. You can't be responsible for other people's behaviour. You can only be responsible for your own.

You can come out of this with your head held high.

It takes bad events like his visit to make you realise how wonderful and how valuable most of your friends and most of your life is.

His controlling and it's all about him. Block him and delete his number.
If this was me, and someone insulted me and then proceeded to tell me what to do in my own home I'd straight ask him if he was hungry then offer him a knuckle sandwich. Since that's that most courteous thing to do when a prick visits your home.
I know he's got a big ego.. I really don't know why it's such a big deal though?
You have done nothing wrong here. He has. You can't be responsible for other people's behaviour. You can only be responsible for your own.

You can come out of this with your head held high.

It takes bad events like his visit to make you realise how wonderful and how valuable most of your friends and most of your life is.

The geezas parents dont let me at his house yet i have let him come countlessly if i went to his when his parents were at work hell say go. They let me once only coz my other mates were getting the bus from near his and we judt got food.
Original post by cheerIeader
I know he's got a big ego.. I really don't know why it's such a big deal though?

That's fake people for you!
Original post by Ooh La La
If this was me, and someone insulted me and then proceeded to tell me what to do in my own home I'd straight ask him if he was hungry then offer him a knuckle sandwich. Since that's that most courteous thing to do when a prick visits your home.

😂😂😂 i wouldve but im a 5ft 4, 8 stone guy and hes like 5ft 10 12 stone
😂😂😂 i wouldve but im a 5ft 4, 8 stone guy and hes like 5ft 10 12 stone

That still does not give him the right to disrespect you. If you are letting him walk all over you because of fear due to a little height difference, than imagine how bad it will get in the future when others will also try to take advantage of you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ooh La La
That still does not give him the right to disrespect you. If you are letting him walk all over you with because of fear due to a little height difference, than imagine how bad it will get in the future when others will also try to take advantage of you?

I shouldve kicked the muppet out of my house i do need to be more assertive with him I just dont want to be cheeky egotistical b******d like him.
That, imo, is not a friend worth having. Someone who disrespects you like that isn't worth your time. If he's so cocky, he can stay at his very own house.
I know the guy is a muppet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending