The Student Room Group

Have you watched these bollywood movies?

So i'm doing Urdu A-level and you have to watch the following movies:
Baghbaan
Bajrangi bhaijaan
Bin roye
If you have watched any of them please can someone explain it to me, i don't have time to watch them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I have watched Bajrangi Bhaijaan (I LOVE IT!!!). When you say explain what do you mean? You can always search up summary for the movies!
Original post by umaiyyahc1
i don't have time to watch them

Dont be lazy.
You want to pass the A level? Then do the work yourself.
Damn, you get to watch movies as revision for your A Level. So privileged lmaooo
Reply 4
Original post by StelleD
Hello! I have watched Bajrangi Bhaijaan (I LOVE IT!!!). When you say explain what do you mean? You can always search up summary for the movies!

Character names?
And i did an exam on that on Friday...The question in Urdu was how does the movie include Pakistan and India. But me being dumb couldn't translate the word India so i only talked about Pakistan.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
Dont be lazy.
You want to pass the A level? Then do the work yourself.

Watching movies is effort especially when they are 3 hours long. It takes me even longer translating the words themselves!
Reply 6
Original post by OR321
Damn, you get to watch movies as revision for your A Level. So privileged lmaooo

Yep its fun, but its very time consuming. You also have to study 1 of 3 books alongside watching a movie. What subjects do you take?
Yep its fun, but its very time consuming. You also have to study 1 of 3 books alongside watching a movie. What subjects do you take?

I just finished sixth form this June, did Maths, Computer Science and Business
Reply 8
Original post by OR321
I just finished sixth form this June, did Maths, Computer Science and Business

Omdd that sounds complex! So what do you do now, have you gone into uni?
Omdd that sounds complex! So what do you do now, have you gone into uni?

It was complex, living hell lmaooo. But I go uni now, studying Business
Watching movies is effort especially when they are 3 hours long. It takes me even longer translating the words themselves!

That is the entire point.
Reply 11
Original post by OR321
It was complex, living hell lmaooo. But I go uni now, studying Business

Is that easier? What do you aspire to be?
Reply 12
Original post by returnmigrant
That is the entire point.

It isn't! Urdu A level is only meant for those whose first language is Urdu in my college but mine definitely aint but they let me in coz i needed a 4th a level. So now i'm stuck and dyingg.
The lessons are fun but the exams are HELL.
Is that easier? What do you aspire to be?

Its easier in comparison. And honestly, I don’t know what I wanna be, that’s why I did Business 😂
Character names?
And i did an exam on that on Friday...The question in Urdu was how does the movie include Pakistan and India. But me being dumb couldn't translate the word India so i only talked about Pakistan.

Oh no!! So we have
Bajrangi (Salman) : he finds the little girl (Munni) in a temple and finds out that she is pakistan when watching a cricket match bw Pakistan and india (she was cheering for Pakistan). So basically he sets out to find her home
Munni: the little girl
Rasika: love interest of Bajrangi but then she doesnt go with Bajrangi and so doesn't appear that much
Chand Nawab: he acts as the supporting friend for Bajrangi in this journey (i cant remember that much)

But ya that's what I remember
Hey Umaiyya! Where are you doing your Alevels from?
I have watched bajrangi bhaijaan will summarize it tomorrow after I'm done with my exam
So i'm doing Urdu A-level and you have to watch the following movies:
Baghbaan
Bajrangi bhaijaan
Bin roye
If you have watched any of them please can someone explain it to me, i don't have time to watch them

BagBaghban is a really good movie honestly you will love actually going and watching it but basics its about a dad (amitabachan) who is really rich and is a banker and works hard to become wealthy so that his 4 sons can look after him and his wife when they are older. Turns out the sons snake them and like act as if it's a chore and a burden to look after their parents and they make like an agreement of when they should look after them pretty much. You can read summaries online but that is legit the BARE MINIMUM summary 🙃 good luck in your a level
Reply 17
Original post by Anon5552424
BagBaghban is a really good movie honestly you will love actually going and watching it but basics its about a dad (amitabachan) who is really rich and is a banker and works hard to become wealthy so that his 4 sons can look after him and his wife when they are older. Turns out the sons snake them and like act as if it's a chore and a burden to look after their parents and they make like an agreement of when they should look after them pretty much. You can read summaries online but that is legit the BARE MINIMUM summary 🙃 good luck in your a level

Thank you, i started watching it, i've got till the part where they decide to separate the parents. What happens after?
Reply 18
Original post by Fareeha18
Hey Umaiyya! Where are you doing your Alevels from?
I have watched bajrangi bhaijaan will summarize it tomorrow after I'm done with my exam

Original post by StelleD
Oh no!! So we have
Bajrangi (Salman) : he finds the little girl (Munni) in a temple and finds out that she is pakistan when watching a cricket match bw Pakistan and india (she was cheering for Pakistan). So basically he sets out to find her home
Munni: the little girl
Rasika: love interest of Bajrangi but then she doesnt go with Bajrangi and so doesn't appear that much
Chand Nawab: he acts as the supporting friend for Bajrangi in this journey (i cant remember that much)

But ya that's what I remember

Thanks x
Original post by StelleD

I like most Indian food but Lagaan has to be my fave.

Quick Reply

Latest