rhinoplasy advise Watch

sambo137
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
well, ive been considering a nose job but i mean im only 17 and i cant help but feel wrong about it. ive spoken to my family and they insist that there is nothing wrong with my nose. but thats what people forget - its not what other people think its how YOU feel.

can i just say, without sounding over dramatic that i consider myself to have psychological issues when it comes to my nose. apparently - you can get it done on the nhs upon these grounds although i know that there is a long waiting list and that you have to be investigated and subjected to numeorus referrals.

i hate my nose, i think about it every day... i feel like there is no answers for me... im too young for a loan, parents arent very supportive etc.

any ideas?

i mean my parents are on about getting me a car but i think id sacrifice that to feel 'happy' in myself and get a nose job!! but i dont think theyd respect that or take me seriously tbh

responses appreciated
stratomaster136
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have considered the same thing. My nose doesn't look too bad, I'm not so worried about that, but I broke it playing rugby, and one side is constricted compared to the other. How much does it cost?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it costs a couple of grand stratomaster. Cheaper (a little) if you go abroad. I've looked into it myself - my nose is very large.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you need to explain to anyone how you feel perhaps ask them if they'd be comfortable with you getting braces if your teeth were bad.
very few people would have any issues with that, when it's essentially the same thing. slightly altering the way you look to make you more comfortable with yourself.

might not work, but it's worth a go just to make them look at it in a slightly different way.
Raylin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
if you need to explain to anyone how you feel perhaps ask them if they'd be comfortable with you getting braces if your teeth were bad.
very few people would have any issues with that, when it's essentially the same thing. slightly altering the way you look to make you more comfortable with yourself.

might not work, but it's worth a go just to make them look at it in a slightly different way.
Sort of, but a nose job is a lot more drastic than braces. It involves surgery, often a much higher cost, and there's more potential for something to go wrong. Plus, a nose job is almost always going to be purely for the sake of vanity, whilst there are other reasons why you might need braces.

My advice is to wait until you're a little older, and for the meantime, try not to let it bother you. I'm sure that's easier said than done, but your friends and family are probably telling you the truth - that there really is nothing wrong with your nose. If you still feel you want surgery when you're older, and in a better position to get it, then go ahead.
Tinkerbee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am having a nose job after uni, costs I have found are around £3000-4000.
stratomaster136
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbee)
Why, you look great?
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster136)
Why, you look great?
Thanks

But I hate my nose... I spend ages on my make up to try and disguise it and seeing myself from certain angles... :no: tis baaad

But thanks ^_^
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is nothing wrong with it!
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fat_hobbit)
There is nothing wrong with it!

see above post
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

see above post

...ohhhh, yeah!

Do you have a hump on your nose by any chance? Head on, you can't see mine, but from the side *ahem*...well.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
...ohhhh, yeah!

Do you have a hump on your nose by any chance? Head on, you can't see mine, but from the side *ahem*...well.
Yep, and the tip is just...gah.

haha.

It shall die circa 2012 :p:
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, and the tip is just...gah.

haha.

It shall die circa 2012 :p:
Wow, How did I know?...:p:

Word of advice: Learn to embrace the hump, it rocks.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, How did I know?...:p:

Word of advice: Learn to embrace the hump, it rocks.
Hobbit intuition?

And I tried that... but no...just no. :no:
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hobbit intuition?
Yes.

And I tried that... but no...just no. :no:
Try again. :p:
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes.

Try again. :p:

If this advice does not work can I sue you for the finance? :cool:
Tea_Fiend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea there's nothing wrong with getting a nose job, if you feel that bad about it. You say you've talked to your family, and all I can suggest is try again, and try make them understand how you feel.

And looking at the price, I'm soo glad I was able to get mine on the NHS! Yey for cleft lip and palate for once!
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If this advice does not work can I sue you for the finance? :cool:
You can try.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can try.

My people shall contact your people
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My people shall contact your people
I look forward to it. Shall we both sign a prenup whilst we are at it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (907)
79.98%
Leave (227)
20.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed