The Student Room Group

paper 1 question 4 please help meeee

I have a question that says: I like how the writer makes me feel involved in the extract. I feel like I am in the room with the characters. to what extent do you agree?
how would I answer a question like this I don't understand what it is asking?!!
any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by cool_cool
I have a question that says: I like how the writer makes me feel involved in the extract. I feel like I am in the room with the characters. to what extent do you agree?
how would I answer a question like this I don't understand what it is asking?!!
any help would be much appreciated!

I got Grade 9 and i'd say explain the description, onomatopoeia, use of characters and dialogue makes you feel involved
If you need any other English help just dm me
Reply 2
Original post by umaiyyahc1
I got Grade 9 and i'd say explain the description, onomatopoeia, use of characters and dialogue makes you feel involved
If you need any other English help just dm me

So if a character has been described in a lot of detail, would I say that the detail makes the reader more involved because we can understand them more?
And what if there is a contrast in characters? How would that make someone more involved?
btw thank you :smile:
Original post by cool_cool
So if a character has been described in a lot of detail, would I say that the detail makes the reader more involved because we can understand them more?
And what if there is a contrast in characters? How would that make someone more involved?
btw thank you :smile:

Yes you can say through the description you are able to befriend the character, if there is quotes like 'i think' or 'i remember' or reference to flashbacks then say you have a sense of intimacy with the character as you are going through past experiences or access their thoughts and feeling
Reply 4
Original post by umaiyyahc1
Yes you can say through the description you are able to befriend the character, if there is quotes like 'i think' or 'i remember' or reference to flashbacks then say you have a sense of intimacy with the character as you are going through past experiences or access their thoughts and feeling

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending