Dont want to go college tomorrow

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just dont want to go college tomorrow because i dont like it in general and its just some christmas party crap. I dont even know what its but I think im better off staying at home. I just dont like my course and I might just quit from tomorrow or i can just not go in till after christmas. I just dont know where this course is getting me like im 18 and we are doing a christmas party and secret santa crap what you would do in year 4 and we are even doing a trip thing to bowling its making me feel behind. My mates outside college are working and im at college being treated like a child. Im just sick and tired of being treated like im some kid im 18 years old I need to be treated like an adult. The christmas party is tomorrow and the trip is on wednesday. All this is making me a bit anxious because i feel like im behind everyone for my age

Im just asking your opinions should i just not go in this week or should I go in or should i go in and just quit the course?
yTabx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just go and have fun. it might seem like this stuff is for kids, but it's not uncommon. Many jobs do the same sort of stuff with their employees to raise morale.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yTabx)
just go and have fun. it might seem like this stuff is for kids, but it's not uncommon. Many jobs do the same sort of stuff with their employees to raise morale.
That is true but we are treated like children anyway. I dont really find it fun and its made all childish if you know what i mean like you bring in a snack to take in. I could be doing better things like helping my famliy. I didnt say as well they are putting on a film you wouldbt do that at work. I just dont think its worth it considering after all this im gonna have to wait for the bus to come in the cold and i just get anxious when waiting.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just dont want to go college tomorrow because i dont like it in general and its just some christmas party crap. I dont even know what its but I think im better off staying at home. I just dont like my course and I might just quit from tomorrow or i can just not go in till after christmas. I just dont know where this course is getting me like im 18 and we are doing a christmas party and secret santa crap what you would do in year 4 and we are even doing a trip thing to bowling its making me feel behind. My mates outside college are working and im at college being treated like a child. Im just sick and tired of being treated like im some kid im 18 years old I need to be treated like an adult. The christmas party is tomorrow and the trip is on wednesday. All this is making me a bit anxious because i feel like im behind everyone for my age

Im just asking your opinions should i just not go in this week or should I go in or should i go in and just quit the course?
What is the course you are doing.If you are 18 you have to be in education so how are you behind?Sounds like you are suffering from anxiety are you getting any help with that?
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As others have said what course are you doing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scotney)
What is the course you are doing.If you are 18 you have to be in education so how are you behind?Sounds like you are suffering from anxiety are you getting any help with that?
My course is employment pathway its meant to help me into getting a job but christmas party is not. Im talk to people about my anxiety its just i worry about things a lot.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My course is employment pathway its meant to help me into getting a job but christmas party is not. Im talk to people about my anxiety its just i worry about things a lot.
Right so you are doing something that will help you in the future so do not quit.I would go to the Christmas stuff.It may be a way of making some friends in college.Are you getting actual therapy.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So because they're doing a Christmas party, you're deciding if you shouldn't go in and leave the course?

Are you sure you're 18?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adam271)
As others have said what course are you doing
Its employment pathway so its supposed to help me get a job
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scotney)
Right so you are doing something that will help you in the future so do not quit.I would go to the Christmas stuff.It may be a way of making some friends in college.Are you getting actual therapy.
Im not getting threapy i dont think i need it. I dont know if this course is helping me. And its just the same peoppe who are in my class everyday i do have friends there. Some people in my class are ***** like the geezas in like last year it was my first year in college then for about 4 or 5 months they were just being ***** they were just being arrogant ignoring me i had anxiety and was worried about talking to people. I reported this to teacher and they changed but i still dont like them now anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xarao)
So because they're doing a Christmas party, you're deciding if you shouldn't go in and leave the course?

Are you sure you're 18?
Its not the christmas party thats making me want to leave it is one of the reason but i just dont like my college course im on anyway i dont thinks its getting me anywhere.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its not the christmas party thats making me want to leave it is one of the reason but i just dont like my college course im on anyway i dont thinks its getting me anywhere.
So what's your alternative? You have one ready for when you leave right?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xarao)
So what's your alternative? You have one ready for when you leave right?
I dont have an alternative yet unfortuntely that why i have only been considering it but km just thinking am i better just quitting and being at home while i find something or going to college which i dont like. It is going to get depressing in january.
wewerekings
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
then dont go
im not your mom
wewerekings
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
or dad or grandmapa
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wewerekings)
or dad or grandmapa
Stfu if you dont have any advice. My grandpa died you *****
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I dont have an alternative yet unfortuntely that why i have only been considering it but km just thinking am i better just quitting and being at home while i find something or going to college which i dont like. It is going to get depressing in january.
You sound very immature causing all this commotion because of a Christmas party. On top of that, you think it's better to be at home doing nothing?

You're trolling right?
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its employment pathway so its supposed to help me get a job
First lesson of employment really should be - don't quit your job until you have a new one or it makes it a lot harder. The obvious thing you need to do is start applying for jobs, then you can leave college.
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
First lesson of employment really should be - don't quit your job until you have a new one or it makes it a lot harder. The obvious thing you need to do is start applying for jobs, then you can leave college.
What the hell is a employment pathway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adam271)
What the hell is a employment pathway.
Its a course meant to help me get employment when im older but i dont think its helping me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.09%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.62%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.26%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.11%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
23.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.71%

Watched Threads