The Student Room Group

Alevel economics

Is this a relatively low content subject as I want an easier one to study alongside maths and bio.is it difficult interesting content heavy etc . Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Lucy98654
Is this a relatively low content subject as I want an easier one to study alongside maths and bio.is it difficult interesting content heavy etc . Thank you

Content heavy, microeconomics is difficult for some people and macroeconomics is usually easier. Out of all of my subjects, it is the one I am doing the worst on by far.
Original post by Xiphos
Content heavy, microeconomics is difficult for some people and macroeconomics is usually easier. Out of all of my subjects, it is the one I am doing the worst on by far.

same
I think it’s by far my easiest. I do Maths and Accounting. By no means does it mean it’s easy and it’s still harder than any GCSEs but it’s 10x easier than maths imo
Reply 4
Original post by Xiphos

Thank you.
What other subjects do u take ?

Is it interesting ?
i take maths, fm, computer science, and economics. i'd say it's my most boring and slow subject outta all four. however, i'd also say it's the most easiest, and feels like one i can just wing atm (only in year 12 so this will probably change:tongue:)
still a nice change from my other subjects which are mainly maths
If you're looking for a low content A Level, you're going to be vaguely out of luck. However, I can say that Physics is relatively content light (most of it is just calculations) and Further maths, if you're good at maths, extends nicely into being about 1.5 subjects worth of work.

Personally, if you're looking for a distraction A level, Literature is a lot of fun if your school studies an area you are interested in. Literature is surprisingly low content if you are smart about it.
Reply 7
Original post by vicvic38
If you're looking for a low content A Level, you're going to be vaguely out of luck. However, I can say that Physics is relatively content light (most of it is just calculations) and Further maths, if you're good at maths, extends nicely into being about 1.5 subjects worth of work.

Personally, if you're looking for a distraction A level, Literature is a lot of fun if your school studies an area you are interested in. Literature is surprisingly low content if you are smart about it.

Thank you. I am not that good at English. It's just so hard because idk what to choose which wont get me stressed out and is also quite interesting
Thank you. I am not that good at English. It's just so hard because idk what to choose which wont get me stressed out and is also quite interesting

Well, everything will, and probably should, stress you out at least a little bit. Your best bet is to choose something you'll enjoy, as then at least you won't detest studying it. Stress at A Level comes down primarily to falling behind, and you are way less likely to fall behind if you are studying something you enjoy.

If you think you'll find economics very interesting you will probably enjoy it. If you are only looking to do it because you think it will be easy you will not have a good time.
Reply 9
Thank you.
What other subjects do u take ?

Is it interesting ?

I take History and English and Economics is extremely boring for me personally.

Quick Reply

Latest