Any metal heads out there? Watch

....Anonymous...
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know like one or two people who r into metal πŸ˜ͺ...what genre u into and what bands do u listen to??
πŸ‘ΉπŸ€˜πŸΌ
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Metal head here!

I'm fond of a lot of genres tbh. Been getting into a lot of death metal recently (Gojira, Amon Amarth, Lamb of God etc.) I never used to like death metal cos I couldn't get past the harsh vocals, but as I've been working on developing my masculinity, I've come to realise that death metal is really good for that and as a result, I've grown super fond of it.

Other than that, I've always been into power metal (Gamma Ray, Stratovarius etc.) and progressive metal (Dream Theater, Tool, Symphony X etc.) as well as classic metal (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) and hard rock (AC-DC, Whitesnake).
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt_2.0)
Metal head here!

I'm fond of a lot of genres tbh. Been getting into a lot of death metal recently (Gojira, Amon Amarth, Lamb of God etc.) I never used to like death metal cos I couldn't get past the harsh vocals, but as I've been working on developing my masculinity, I've come to realise that death metal is really good for that and as a result, I've grown super fond of it.

Other than that, I've always been into power metal (Gamma Ray, Stratovarius etc.) and progressive metal (Dream Theater, Tool, Symphony X etc.) as well as classic metal (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) and hard rock (AC-DC, Whitesnake).
Hell yh brother...check out the band DEATH...pioneers of death metal..they are insane 🀘🏼🀘🏼...ur into some solid bands πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌ ...im into thrash and death...i listen to various bands though such as Slipknot Death Trivium Megadeth Slayer Sepultura Annihilator and many more

Rock on dude :headbang:
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -hhs-)
Hell yh brother...check out the band DEATH...pioneers of death metal..they are insane 🀘🏼🀘🏼...ur into some solid bands πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌ ...im into thrash and death...i listen to various bands though such as Slipknot Death Trivium Megadeth Slayer Sepultura Annihilator and many more

You have good taste my friend

I'll be sure to check them out!

Currently listening to Meshuggah rn. F*cking brutal they are :cool:
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am. I like lots of subgenres and bands. But I also like lots of stuff outside of metal.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Love symphonic or epic metal, occasionally some death metal too 🀘🏻
marceline666
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -hhs-)
I know like one or two people who r into metal πŸ˜ͺ...what genre u into and what bands do u listen to??
πŸ‘Ή
I really wish I knew more people with the same music taste as mine, it's such a struggle. I know maybe one metalhead irl, and he's now my boyfriend so I don't even know if it counts. We def need more people in the community.

I was a huge heavy/thrash metal fan when I was about 10-15, so I would listen to only Iron Maiden and Metallica etc. Then I decided to get to know newer bands and have variety in the genres I listen to. So my current favourite bands are: Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Rammstein, Stone Sour...
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I look like one but I listen to far more stuff than this
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
I am. I like lots of subgenres and bands. But I also like lots of stuff outside of metal.
Niceee:headbang:
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Love symphonic or epic metal, occasionally some death metal too 🀘🏻
:headbang:hehe nicee..im gna check out some symphonic metal
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
black metal is my first love, these days
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
black metal is my first love, these days
lol..too scary for me
kxsj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i really enjoy multiple sub-genres of metal; some of my favourite bands are killswitch engage, gojira, slipknot, nightwish, bullet for my valentine
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ....Anonymous...)
lol..too scary for me
it's just theatre
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
(Original post by kxsj)
i really enjoy multiple sub-genres of metal; some of my favourite bands are killswitch engage, gojira, slipknot, nightwish, bullet for my valentine
hell yh dude..those are some killer bands :headbang:
BigBadRay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never. It sounds like crap. A bunch of sweaty geezers in corny clothes.

It’s just so cringe.
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Woah, people will good music tastes!
....Anonymous...
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by marceline666)
I really wish I knew more people with the same music taste as mine, it's such a struggle. I know maybe one metalhead irl, and he's now my boyfriend so I don't even know if it counts. We def need more people in the community.

I was a huge heavy/thrash metal fan when I was about 10-15, so I would listen to only Iron Maiden and Metallica etc. Then I decided to get to know newer bands and have variety in the genres I listen to. So my current favourite bands are: Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Rammstein, Stone Sour...
some good bands you mentioned! Since you liked Thrash try Annihilator and Megadeth..they are really good:headbang:
Dani_02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes! I like different genres it all depends on my mood. Slipknot, Amon Amarth, Avatar, Metallica and Godsmack are my favourites. (seen all but Metallica live). Been a metal/rock lover pretty much my whole life, was raised with it in the house, as well as dad being in a small local band.
Went to Download Festival this year in Donnington Park and saw Slipknot, Amon Amarth and LoG actually, they were awesome, did anyone else go? I'm going next year too and I can't wait. Looking forward to the next announcement 🀘
I don't know too many people who like metal, my friends are currently into a very different music taste to my own and it means that we can't really go out that much as I want to go to gigs and watch local bands (like my dad's) but I can't take any of my mates with me because they don't like it
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ....Anonymous...)

Ah, I saw Sepultura at Brixton on their last ever gig, before Max left them and Soulfly became a thing... Roots is still amazing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (50)
23.47%
My career doesn't need one (29)
13.62%
I'm sick of studying (43)
20.19%
I can't find a course I want to do (5)
2.35%
I don't know enough about them (15)
7.04%