The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Foundation year 2020

Scroll to see replies

I understand that at Durham there is an international foundation year, run by Study Group only for international students, and the Foundation Programme, run by Durham uni, only for home fee students. The foundation programme has three assessment days 22feb, 7march, 22march. Invites go out 4 weeks in advance. Offers and rejects made by 31march.
(edited 4 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Smile_at_gmail
I understand that at Durham there is an international foundation year, run by Study Group only for international students, and the Foundation Programme, run by Durham uni, only for home fee students. The foundation programme has three assessment days 22feb, 7march, 2march. Invites go out 4 weeks in advance. Offers and rejects made by 31march.

so if i have applied to the foundation program and have not been contacted yet it means that i will get rejected ?
do you think an lnat score of 24 will be good enough for an invite to an assessment day for the law with foundation course ?
Not yet. 4 weeks before the last assessment day is 22 feb, so still time. Even then Durham always run later than almost every other uni.
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a mature student?

No, i am currently 17.
do you think an lnat score of 24 will be good enough for an invite to an assessment day for the law with foundation course ?

I can’t tell you exactly what LNAT score they want. I believe they use that as one of whole bunch of factors to make a decision. Last year the assessment day had a test, an interview, a task and chances to meet previous students. I understand they use all of that and add it to your ucas application before making a decision. No one element is used alone.
so if i have applied to the foundation program and have not been contacted yet it means that i will get rejected ?

31st March is when you will know for sure. Until then I think you’re in with a Chance.
Can they reject you before then?
Can they reject you before then?

Yep, quite sure they can.
Original post by ExtraThicc
Yep, quite sure they can.

Is the foundation Programme mainly for international and mature students?
One specifically for mature students no, there is one for international students(i believe those that aren't eu, you'd have to read yourself.)
https://www.durhamisc.com/programmes/international-foundation-year
https://www.dur.ac.uk/dcad/study/foundation/
(edited 4 years ago)
Is anyone sitting a levels this year?
Is anyone sitting a levels this year?

Yes, me.
Original post by ExtraThicc
Yes, me.

What have you applied for?
Is the foundation Programme mainly for international and mature students?

Durham foundation programme is for all ages from the uk or eu, from under represented groups in higher education. Durham international Study Centre, run by study group, is for international students.
Original post by Smile_at_gmail
Durham foundation programme is for all ages from the uk or eu, from under represented groups in higher education. Durham international Study Centre, run by study group, is for international students.

if i have a learning disability (in my case dyscalculia) am I considered to be part of an underrepresented group?
What have you applied for?

Already said this but Computer Science.
if i have a learning disability (in my case dyscalculia) am I considered to be part of an underrepresented group?

If it fits the definition of disability, then yes.

What have you applied for :smile: ?
What have you applied for :smile: ?

law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending