I have to deal with the rebuttal of my friends’ fight Watch

viannebibi
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically, my group of friends split into two after a big fight (I wasn’t around at the time of the “break-up”). Now, the ones who left happen to be in one of my subjects (English literature) and they all ignore me. I’ve started to get the feeling they’ve also spread stupid rumours around my class about me but I’m not entirely sure (I know this is all ****ing childish but it’s happening so)

Even if I talk to them they’ll just blank me. Should I do something? I’ve tried to ignore it but we do a lot of group work and it makes me anxious thinking no one in that class likes me

I think I’m just being too sensitive idk
username4168344
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by viannebibi)
Basically, my group of friends split into two after a big fight (I wasn’t around at the time of the “break-up”). Now, the ones who left happen to be in one of my subjects (English literature) and they all ignore me. I’ve started to get the feeling they’ve also spread stupid rumours around my class about me but I’m not entirely sure (I know this is all ****ing childish but it’s happening so)

Even if I talk to them they’ll just blank me. Should I do something? I’ve tried to ignore it but we do a lot of group work and it makes me anxious thinking no one in that class likes me

I think I’m just being too sensitive idk
You don’t have to ignore it since they were your friends in the first place. Ask them what’s going on. But under any circumstances, don’t ever seek approval from another human being. So what they spread rumors, your focus should be your goals and not someone else and what they say about you.

Anyways ask them what’s going on, if they keep avoiding you then you should realize that, you shouldn’t call them friends in the first place. They’re not your friends. Plain and simple.
viannebibi
(Original post by thelocalkid)
You don’t have to ignore it since they were your friends in the first place. Ask them what’s going on. But under any circumstances, don’t ever seek approval from another human being. So what they spread rumors, your focus should be your goals and not someone else and what they say about you.

Anyways ask them what’s going on, if they keep avoiding you then you should realize that, you shouldn’t call them friends in the first place. They’re not your friends. Plain and simple.
Very helpful advice. Thanks!
BigBadRay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just put two fingers up at them.
viannebibi
(Original post by BigBadRay)
Just put two fingers up at them.
Honestly, really wanting to now
BigBadRay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by viannebibi)
Honestly, really wanting to now
Good. Put them in their place.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ignore them, they're not worth your time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (1)
12.5%
I really love the subject (5)
62.5%
I don't know what else to do (2)
25%
I can't get a job (0)
0%
My parents want me to (0)
0%