The Student Room Group

Christmas Foodbank

I will spare you my stupid life story, it's not like anyone would care anyway. The reason why I am telling you all this is because you should not take things around you for granted just because you have them.

When I got an option to transfer and go to a brick uni, I was so excited and I thought I will have a chance to make friends, it will be more enjoyable and fun, I even sign up for desktop games society and rowing to get fit (more muscles) I was happy that I won't have to do night shifts anymore where I had to deal with people telling me they will kill me and torture me, etc. I was quite enjoying being able to go to actual lectures, but it didn't last long.

I underestimated how hard it will be to find a job in a city with lots of students and no jobs around and end up in a food bank for the first time in my life, I was really ashamed to go there but they were really nice to me (got more stuff then from my parents when I was 18 which makes it kind of sad).

So basically this is over ...
Original post by Anonymous
I will spare you my stupid life story, it's not like anyone would care anyway. The reason why I am telling you all this is because you should not take things around you for granted just because you have them.

When I got an option to transfer and go to a brick uni, I was so excited and I thought I will have a chance to make friends, it will be more enjoyable and fun, I even sign up for desktop games society and rowing to get fit (more muscles) I was happy that I won't have to do night shifts anymore where I had to deal with people telling me they will kill me and torture me, etc. I was quite enjoying being able to go to actual lectures, but it didn't last long.

I underestimated how hard it will be to find a job in a city with lots of students and no jobs around and end up in a food bank for the first time in my life, I was really ashamed to go there but they were really nice to me (got more stuff then from my parents when I was 18 which makes it kind of sad).

So basically this is over ...

Have you been to see the GP and got enough to sign off for depression.
As youve decided it is impossible to get a job where you are, then suspend studies, get yourself together in the next year with a job and reapply to a uni where you have a better chance of getting a job. Food bank isnt an issue loads use them.

You just learn from the experience and do it better next time.

Quick Reply

Latest