ewelina12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
I got withdrawn from my course from college. But this whole thing is so confusing... I was so desperate to get in the course because I admire the subject. I found out I have been withdrawn by opening a letter telling me this due to low attendance, which wasn’t even that low to actually kick me out and my work was always to the best standard, I always finished everything- even the work that I didn’t do in class when I was absent. I have a muscle Illness that makes your muscles and bones all over your body really badly hurt because of my nerve system. Due to this you can’t move as the pain is unbelievably bad. Everything was a challenge for me. I have received the letter about me being withdrawn a day after I was actually in college. Everything was fine, I even spoke to the programme manager as he came in my class, teachers didn’t even say a word to me about me being withdrawn. I got so confused. Couple days later I go back in college to see what’s going on. I waited until the teacher finished teaching However I seen a new student there. This really put me off.. I felt really sad and shocked at the same time. There was so many people that didn’t come to college when they’re suppose to, they were normal students not aggressive or anything and they didnt get withdrawn.
I don’t know what to do..? Can I even re-apply for the same course at the same college? Or would they just refuse to let me back in?
KO'Hare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi

There are a few things to address here:
1) do you have a personal tutor you could speak too?
2) is the college aware of your illness and if so did they (or did you ask them) to put in any reasonable adjustments
3) what is their absence policy - did they follow it?
4) was it possibly sent in error?

Kerry
ewelina12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
yes I had a personal tutor, I tried getting in touch after I seen the letter via email and phone calls. It didn’t work out.
My secondary and college knew about my illness.
If I remember right, your attendance needs to be above 85%.
Thats the thing about possibly sending an eror - i dont know but i dont think so because when i came back there was a student on my place, my class was completly full aswell.

another thing i forgot to add in the first raport was that i have a social worker. About 2 weeks ago she told my mum to keep an eye about me going college because my attendance is on 90% as she apparently checked . Which totally surprised me and my mum as I got withdrawn couple months ago and my social worker didn’t know about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise