hannahmcfadden
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Need help as I have my unseen poetry exam in January and I am finding it hard to understand and analyse the poetry ?
username5071070
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Try to spot techniques such as enjambment, similes, metaphors, end stopping and structural analysis like how many staves etc
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by katrinayates)
Try to spot techniques such as enjambment, similes, metaphors, end stopping and structural analysis like how many staves etc
Does this help? I didn't use any of these and got full marks in poetry in my GCSEs lol.
username5071070
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Does this help? I didn't use any of these and got full marks in poetry in my GCSEs lol.
Well I spotted the techniques and got an 8
Tolgash
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Well I spotted the techniques and got an 8
Technique spotting doesn't impress the examiner. Deep analysis does.
username5071070
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Technique spotting doesn't impress the examiner. Deep analysis does.
Well by spotting the technique and analysing the technique used and it’s implications IS the deep analysis
Tolgash
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Well by spotting the technique and analysing the technique used and it’s implications IS the deep analysis
What I'm trying to say is that 'sophisticated' techniques aren't any more credit-worthy than basic ones. You can spot very basic things like how commas and verbs are used and still absolutely smash the essays.
username5071070
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What I'm trying to say is that 'sophisticated' techniques aren't any more credit-worthy than basic ones. You can spot very basic things like how commas and verbs are used and still absolutely smash the essays.
Yeah of course, but for some people it’s easier to spot the techniques and comment on them rather than mire subtle things like verbs and comma usage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (132)
39.88%
They're exactly what I expected (81)
24.47%