Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage. Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special. I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i imagine most girls think that boys who have sex are normal

you should speak to shiny toy shed love you.

Your beliefs are your beliefs, not everyone will agree with them mind - but if you believe it then best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with guys that have beliefs like that, some other girls may not enjoy the idea but then again everyone is different. If a guy were to tell me that then I would be fine with it, for I haven't slept with anyone either (not that it's really anyones business anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Your beliefs are your beliefs, and honestly, some girls will respect you decision, and some won't, just as people disagree on a lot of things.

Personally, I respect that kind of decision. My bf is saving himself too, and i respect him, his beliefs and our wonderful relationship

ReputationRep:
    I think it is really admirable and would value a guy who was able to do that. I think many girls would respect that.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably feel pretty special if someone saved it and lost it to me, but I wouldn't really want to be in a relationship with someone who was saving it till marriage as I don't believe in marriage and can't really see myself walking down the aisle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage. Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special. I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks
    Totally admire them and think that it's a nice attitude to have (that they'd only want to have sex with one person). It's good a guy can think with his brain rather than his sex organ.

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of respect for men who decide to save sex. My ex waited 6 months before sleeping with me and said he would have waited as long as i'd wanted him to. That made me think a lot more of him =] Its becoming more and more common these days for people to choose to wait to have sex and i dont think that anyone would think any less of you for choosing to do this x

ReputationRep:
    a persons sex life is THEIR sex life mate so no worries...i mean, like its been said, not everyone shares the same ideas, but, they are still your ideas beliefs.

You're gonna be just fine...

ReputationRep:
    Oh and also, do any girls do the same? Or feel they only want it with one person?

edit: not trying to find anyone! Just wanted to know if many girls feel like that

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of respect for them. Being a guy, they'll be more pressured than girls.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I would be rather put off if I met a guy who told me something like that. I can't see myself pursuing a relationship with someone who wanted to wait until married.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flick The Switch)
    I have a lot of respect for them. Being a guy, they'll be more pressured than girls.
    More inclined, but pressured?? I never felt "pressured" to **** a girl, i was highly inclined to though :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd like it I wouldn't want to be with a man **** but TBH it would be a bit like training a puppy

ReputationRep:
    I'd love the idea of being only with one person. Dejavu...

Someone I love would be enough rather than marriage, though there's certainly a higher expectation on you to have sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Oh and also, do any girls do the same? Or feel they only want it with one person?
    im waiting till im married till i have sex not only for religious reasons but also because of the reason you've said, saving it for one person who im (hopefully) going to spend the rest of my life with. as for a guy with the same beliefs i would respect them and their beliefs, maybe its this forum but generally not many guys i know are waiting till marriage.

ReputationRep:
    I think its good and takes a lot for a boy to save himself (likewise it does for a girl too)

Not that i fancy doing it myself...

But that said i think any girl would really respect you for it... Blue Rose hit the nail on the head earlier ^^^

ReputationRep:
    My friend is also saving himselfe for only one special girl. I respect him and so I respect everyone that follows their own beliefs

ReputationRep:
    Good for you I say, the right girl will not be fazed by this, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I really admire and respect that as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.