The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex before marriage for religious reasons. Obviously it can be a bit hard for both of us on occasions, but I love him and respect his beliefs so I'm fine with it most of the time. I love the fact that I'll be the first girl he's ever slept with - it makes me feel privileged. :smile:
Reply 21
I think it's good what you are doing. But personally i would want a bit of buck before marraige. Try before you buy type of thing. Loads of people may neg rep me for this but honestly, if shes really unadventurous in ebd you may get bored of her and the marriage won't last. Sex is important.
Reply 22
I think its hot, its cool that someone can be strong and stick to their beliefs like that. It also makes it more special if you just share it with one person.
Reply 23
Good on them, I say.
Calumcalum
So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage. Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special. I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks :smile:

I value someone who thinks like that definitely because I'm the same, Christian and want to save it til after marriage etc!
Reply 25
in theory I would admire a guy who told me that, but in reality I really don't think our relationship would work out :redface:
Hmm.

Calumcalum
So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage.

Out of curiosity...why? :p:

Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion...

Ok, and if she doesnt?

and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special.

...For about a month before they begin to forget as sex becomes a big part of your life :p: What would you do if you marry them, only to find you arent sexually compatible? That either of you cannot perform? (for various reasons)

I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks :smile:

Ill sum up the majority of the posts now. Some will think its lovely, some will think its cute. Some with think its adorable, some will wish there were more guys out there who thought like you, some will vaguely hint that they are single and looking for someone of your persuasion. Some will wonder whats wrong with you (But not many). Some will think it is very strange, being that sex is a much more invasive act for women than men, with more bad things that could come of it should it go badly. Hence the difference in the number of men who swear to be virginal (Who have less to lose and an easier time (physically) with sex.) and women. Not to mention the fact the psychologically, males attach somewhat less emotion to sex. We cant do much about it, thats how it is. Individuals will still vary, of course. What im getting at, is that women have a few extra things that push them towards this point of view compared to men.

But Im going to give you a lesson of psychology one-oh-one, regarding the human view of sex. Regardless of what women think, regardless of what they say, underneath it is a desire for a man with experience. Im sorry, but its true.
Other things will be said, but underneath it all, the only thing that would stop them being with an experience guy is the implied idea of him being a "player" - his sexual experience being derived from a lot of flings rather than a few steady relationships, possibly?
That, or a fear of measuring up to previous partners.
Under those two basic insecurities, women want experience. Sorry. :s-smilie:

Im just throwing my two cents in, feel free to flame me, im not a bad person, really :p:

*EDIT*

Cate15
I think it's good what you are doing. But personally i would want a bit of buck before marraige. Try before you buy type of thing. Loads of people may neg rep me for this but honestly, if shes really unadventurous in ebd you may get bored of her and the marriage won't last. Sex is important.

Pretty much this.
I think it's a very admirable quality in a guy (or a girl) although it can be difficult to be in a relationship with someone who has different beliefs to you on such a subject. Good for you though, if that's what you believe, stick with it! :smile:
Reply 28
I think its nice to be someones first makes it special
Reply 29
I wish there were more guys who thought this way. Perhaps not as extreme as marriage, but people these days seem to give it away so quick. Saving it for someone who you think will be a long term commitment is admirable.
Reply 30
Cate15

Neg rep for your opinion? That would be ridiculous! Don't worry about it :biggrin:
Reply 31
I'd respect and be pleasantly suprised but it would tell me they are far too innocent for me!
Reply 32
Calumcalum
So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage. Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special. I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks :smile:

I'm waiting tooooooo :p:
I always wanted to share my first time with someone with a similar view. And only want to sleep with 1 person if possible :smile:
Not just for the "specialness" but for religious reasons and other emotional / physical consequences that (can) come with it! :p:

I think it's great if I could find a guy with the same views - it would make abstinance easier since you could encourage each other if one's struggling(....or you both give into temptation...but anyways...).
Reply 33
Guys like you are very rare, and I think it is an utterly good thing if any guy thinks like you! Something like that would attract me, not put me off.
Reply 34
I personally really don't see why you should wait until marriage. Fair enough its might be nice to lose your virginity to someone who is also a virgin, but then again why should having a ring on your finger make any difference? It would encourage you to marry without having any knowledge of what sex is like with that person/what sex is like full stop. I think you may be quite likely to cheat or be tempted to cheat after marriage if you've not explored and got anything out of your system.

I don't understand why you should need to 'encourage' eachother not to have sex if your struggling... if you both want to have sex, then get on with it.
Reply 35
Desperate Prayer
Regardless of what women think, regardless of what they say, underneath it is a desire for a man with experience. Im sorry, but its true.
Other things will be said, but underneath it all, the only thing that would stop them being with an experience guy is the implied idea of him being a "player" - his sexual experience being derived from a lot of flings rather than a few steady relationships, possibly?

Are you speaking for all women? Cause young man, ignorance like that really offends me. I don't want experience, and I'm sure lots of girls don't want it but would rather the guy became experienced because of them - that's so much better and so much more tailored :love:
Well if it was for purely religious reasons it might put me off slightly, simply because I am not a religious person myself and therefore would not consider myself to be compatible with them for those reasons. But I've never been in this situation so I don't know how I'd react, if I really liked them then it wouldn't matter. However if they were saving themselves for religion then chances are that they are quite open about their religious beliefs etc which is the opposite to how I am. However if it was for other reasons, such as just wanting it to be with someone special etc, then I wouldn't mind at all. :smile:
Reply 37
Desperate Prayer
Hmm.

Out of curiosity...why? :p:

Well, religious reasons I suppose. And I'd feel more special if they'd saved it, so I'm hoping they'll feel the same :smile:

Desperate Prayer

Ok, and if she doesnt?

I don't think she'd be right for me.. which would be very lame if she was otherwise perfect!

Desperate Prayer

...For about a month before they begin to forget as sex becomes a big part of your life :p: What would you do if you marry them, only to find you arent sexually compatible? That either of you cannot perform? (for various reasons)

Doesn't matter to me if we love each other :smile:

Desperate Prayer

Ill sum up the majority of the posts now. Some will think its lovely, some will think its cute. Some with think its adorable, some will wish there were more guys out there who thought like you, some will vaguely hint that they are single and looking for someone of your persuasion. Some will wonder whats wrong with you (But not many). Some will think it is very strange, being that sex is a much more invasive act for women than men, with more bad things that could come of it should it go badly. Hence the difference in the number of men who swear to be virginal (Who have less to lose and an easier time (physically) with sex.) and women. Not to mention the fact the psychologically, males attach somewhat less emotion to sex. We cant do much about it, thats how it is. Individuals will still vary, of course. What im getting at, is that women have a few extra things that push them towards this point of view compared to men.

But Im going to give you a lesson of psychology one-oh-one, regarding the human view of sex. Regardless of what women think, regardless of what they say, underneath it is a desire for a man with experience. Im sorry, but its true.

Im just throwing my two cents in, feel free to flame me, im not a bad person, really :p:

*EDIT*

Pretty much this.

Hehe thanks for your opinion. I shall still hope that there are reasons other than those you gave for wanting someone less experienced though! :smile:
Reply 38
I feel the same and admire your decision :smile: I would definitely value that in a boyfriend.
Reply 39
I'd definitely respect it, but I don't know how long a relationship would last - I like sex too much! It'd probably depend on if it's just penetration he's against, or an all-out 'ban' on anything sexual. Hmm...

Latest

Trending

Trending